RV Parks near 301 before/after Bay Bridge?

jwalker1

Are there any RV/Camp Sites either right before or after the Bay Bridge that are not too far off of 301?

MTPockets

This fits the Tampa Bay Bridge, Fl ..... Southern end of bridge near Route 301, Palmetto, FL ...... Just a guess though.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Dan...think you are correct. To my knowledge there is no camping on either side of the Bay Bridge...

Saildogs

There is no camping near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge but I have seen many RV's stop in the Kmart parking lot overnight. You could also stop at the Elks lodge about 5 miles south of Route 50 on the Kent Island side as there are a few RV sites there for members.

Tuckahoe State Park is a possibility. Water and elecrtic sites and a dump station.

Jimmyt5

There is no camping near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge but I have seen many RV's stop in the Kmart parking lot overnight. You could also stop at the Elks lodge about 5 miles south of Route 50 on the Kent Island side as there are a few RV sites there for members.

Tuckahoe State Park is a possibility. Water and elecrtic sites and a dump station.

CHerrystone RV park and Kiptopeke State park are not to far.....
http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/cabgen.shtml

http://www.cherrystoneva.com/

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Knowing where Jamie lives, I'm sure he's talking about the Chesapeake NBay Bridge between Kent Islad and Annapolis, MD. No RV parks in the area.

jmaguire

There is a KOA about 10-15 miles from the Bay bridge in Severn or Gambrills. It is on the Annapolis side of the bridge just off of 301 and 97.

jwalker1

John, Thanks I was talking about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge near Annapolis.....We did find this KOA and will be stopping there overnight. Our Cyclone 3950 is currently at Camping World being repaired from a blowout we had back in July on our way to NJ. We will leave the KOA and be stopping at South Forty Campground in Petersburg, VA. We are headed to Sleepy Bears RV Park in Lumberton, NC for the winter and then will be coming back to Timberlane Campground in NJ for the summer. Thanks again for all the replies.