2012 vs. 2013 Landmark San Antonio

Raquel

I'm new here and I'll post an introduction a bit later. My question is, what are the differences between the 2012 and the 2013 San Antonio?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It would really be hard to answer that without knowing the 2 VIN #s. I would maybe call Heartland Customer Service and ask what is different between the 2. There number is listed on the Left Side of the Portals Page of this forum.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There were various transitions that happened to the Landmarks this year. A 2012 probably has a tile-look fireplace surround. Early 2013 models, it was a wood-look. Now, as of October, the 2013 Landmarks have an overall darker interior wood and a new rear cap with oval tail-lights, instead of round.

These are not the only differences, but ones you can tell at a glance looking at the pics on the dealers website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I'm not quite sure about the timelines on all of these changes, but I think most started midway through the 2012 production run, or with the 2013s. But don't hold me to it - the list comes from my hearing about changes and recently walking through a bunch of Landmarks.

Whisper-quiet A/C vs Living room A/C and optional bedroom unit.
2/5 year warranty vs 1 year warranty.
New storage components in the main pantry that look like they add to storage and better organize stuff.
Some models have gone to longer kitchen islands that have extra drawers.
New sink design where front sink is full-size.
Oven went from standard to optional.
Decor changes to fabrics and wood finish.
Backsplash behind range.
Window treatment changes.
Under bed storage from pull-out drawers to large/deep box under the bed platform.
Dial-valve in the UDC in place of separate water connections.
Change from Dometic 1350 4 door option to comparable Norcold refrigerator.
I think the new models may have some additional LG surface treatment to reduce Hanex counter exposure to scratches.
Rear overhead cabinet doors solid wood - no glass.
Some 2013 models have small counters on either side of the rear sofa, with outlets on the wall.
New bedroom mirror designs on some 2013.
New more elegant doors on bathroom and bedroom on some 2013s.
Optional large screen outside TV with 2nd awning.
2013 windows are somewhat different - some crank open at an upward angle instead of sliding left-right.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Raquel;
I'm sitting in Hutchinson at the HDT rally and saw your thread. I went to Hershey,PA to check out the latest changes for 2013. Although I can't remember exactly the changes for the San Antonio, generally look for LED lighting on interior, new this year is real wood trim around slides, new color wood work that I personally like a lot better, wood trim around fireplace. Jim Betetti may be able to give you more changes. There are so many options that I would recommend; dual pane windows, exterior entertainment system, heat pumps, full timers package. Also many std features that come with Landmark. If you have any questions about Heartland products, jim can probably fill you in, if you need recommendations feel free to call me. By the way we missed you at the HDT rally.

Mickey
motormike

Raquel

Raquel;
I'm sitting in Hutchinson at the HDT rally and saw your thread. I went to Hershey,PA to check out the latest changes for 2013. Although I can't remember exactly the changes for the San Antonio, generally look for LED lighting on interior, new this year is real wood trim around slides, new color wood work that I personally like a lot better, wood trim around fireplace. Jim Betetti may be able to give you more changes. There are so many options that I would recommend; dual pane windows, exterior entertainment system, heat pumps, full timers package. Also many std features that come with Landmark. If you have any questions about Heartland products, jim can probably fill you in, if you need recommendations feel free to call me. By the way we missed you at the HDT rally.

Mickey
motormike

Mike,

We really wish we could have made it to the rally. With Trish still working we really have to plan out our year in regards to her vacation time. She gets 3 weeks a year. With going to Phoenix to get our truck and a week taking our granddaughter back to the Portland area and then "camping" in the truck most of the summer, we used all her vacation time up. We're both talking about wanting to make the rally next year so, we'll see how we do with our vaction budgeting.

Tell everyone at the rally, "Hi", for us and, thanks for the info on the 2013/2012.

K

karykatz

In response to changes in product. You have seen several posts that might be confusing. In Feburary 2012 we released 2013 model year product. the biggest change than was 2 + 5 year warranty. In August 2013 we made significant changes to the product including folowing.

All new bordeaux hardwood cabinetry and slide room fascia
Updated Valances (window treatments)
new wallboard
Recessed Led Lighting
All sony tv's and surround sound system
DVD player/outside stereo in bedroom
Dyson cordless vaccuum
Improved closet storage
Raised panel bedroom and bath doors
Updated lighting fixtures
New front and rear caps w/ led lights
Correct track alignment system
New partial paint option
New full paint option
Optional combination safe
New bathroom fixtures - including towel ring, soap dish, tooth brush holder and large robe hook on bathroom door

the best way to determine is see the manufacurers date on coach.

I hope this helps. if you ha.ve any questions please contact heartland sales department