Progressive Industries 50am Hard Wired EMS Question

floridarandy

Our Sundance 2900MK does not have a generator. I'm considering a hardwired Progressive Industries EMS and I have a couple of questions.

View attachment 2900MK.pdf

Here's a PDF of the floorplan of our model. The breakers are located at floor level just below the small closet immediately inside the entry door. I am trying to determine if the EMS be installed at the base of this small closet just above the breaker box since I assume the power enters drectly into the breaker box before being distributed to the coach. If it can, the less expensive model EMS-LCHW50 could be used since the display on the face of the unit would still be easy to read rather than the more expensive EMS-HW50C which has the remote display. I'm not particularly concerned with hard mounting the unit and would probably sell it with the rig if we change units.

Also, unless I'm missing something it would appear this would be an easy install unless there isn't sufficient slack in the wiring to the breaker box. I look forward to the group's comments and suggestions.

Randy in Florida S-LCHW50

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you can mount it there and be able to read the display, it should suffice. You will have to buy some wire to connect it, though, unless you have enough slack to splice it into the cable. I would only do it that way if there is still enough slack to reconnect the main cable back to the breaker panel, should the need arise.