help!

zurn

Okay girls- i need help with suggestions on what to have for dinner after traveling all day and need a quick supper! You are still hooked up because your leaving the next day so resturants are out! Suggestions?

wino2

We always buy something from our favorite Italian restaurant in our town, and heat it up when we get to our first overnight stay.

jayandhisgals

Chilli. Two cans of dark red kidney beans, 1lb of ground beef and chili power mix. Done in under 15 min. Serve with cracker and some shreaded cheese. Warm, healthy and belly filling.

pegmikef

We too have sandwichs and chips or potato salad and a little fruit and some kind of cookies. When we want something a little heartier we like Tysons (I think) frozen southern style fried chicken and a couple of salads we pick up at a deli (usually Walmart) along the way. Just pop the chicken in the microwave (or oven for crisper crust) and you have an instant meal. We often use paper plates when overnighting to make cleanup easier.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
As full-timers I usually have something in the freezer (from a previous meal) that I take out and put in the sink as we travel. It might be spaghetti sauce, chili or a soup of some sort. Frozen pizza is also another favorite for a travel day.!

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We stop at Pilot/Flying J's that have a Subway and eat lunch. We both order a 12" sandwich and save half of it for dinner.​Linda also makes homemade Pimento Cheese and Egg Salad. Be safe and call when you get in.

meandg

crawgator
We tend to do sandwiches or if I had time to prepare something to leave in the fridge. Many times before I leave home (not fulltiming yet) I will make a big batch of chili mac or bean soup and freeze ahead of time. While on the road it is thawing in the fridge.

rick_debbie_gallant

We Stay at WOA. Usually buy one of their rottissory chickens and a salad from their deli. Left overs next day or two. For breakfasts my DW makes up egg cupcakes and she freezes them. In each egg cake is two eggs, two links of sausage, onions and bakes them. Not bad. She also hard boils a coupl dozen eggs.

Crumgater

I like to fix a small casserole and assemble it the night before or in the morning before we head out. Then as soon as we stop, we fire up the oven and put it in. By the time we're done setting up, dinner's ready. Recent casseroles have been chicken, either mexican/enchilada style or greek style with pasta. We normally do sandwiches during the day when it's just a short stop.

GETnBYE

Bag of salad, dressing, pre-cooked dinner rolls heated in micro, potatoes to bake in micro, pre cooked and chopped chicken to make it a grilled chicken salad.