Anybody put a rear receiver on a Bighorn???

jwb187

Next summer we are contemplating renting an RV site for part of the season on an area lake and would like to pull our boat behind the Bighorn instead of taking another vehicle with a receiver. Has anyone done this or know how it could be done?? If possible I would like to have it done like on the new SUV's with sort of a hidden receiver built into the rear cap.....but that looks kind of iffy. Looks otherwise like it would be quite a challenge for a welding shop to fabricate a custom hitch. If anyone has done this please tell me how you did it. Thanks Jwb.

jpmorgan37

Check this thread, and in particular Scotts reply in post 12. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=18195#post18195 That should give you all the information that you need. There are quite a few members that have done it.

John

madigand

We had the dealer (RV'S for Less) install one on ours. Have not used it yet. We thought of putting on a bike rack.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
From what I understood at the Rally. Lippert indicated they would not warranty the frame any longer unless they authorized anything welded to the frame.

J

Jim_1899

I had a rear receiver welded on the back of our Bighorn 3500 that we use to attach our bike rack. They strongly suggested that no more than 200 lbs should be attached.

The unit is long enough for me. My son pulls the boat with a his pickup and meets us at the campsite. My Father in Law has his wife drive a seperate vehicle pulling the boat and he drives there other truck and pulls the RV. We thought of storing our boat close to the lake and then dropping off the RV and getting the boat. Lots of options instead of pulling both the RV and boat together.