3690SL New Interior - A deal breaker

alanfred

Just received a call from our dealer. Cherry is the only color we've been told could be ordered. Betty and I are really disappointed :(. This dark color is cold and impersonal. Maybe they will bring back the warm and cozy light oak in 2014. Until then, the search continues.

New Cherry Living and Kitchen

3690 cherry liv.jpg3690 cherry kit.jpg

Oak, What we tried to order

2012F_BC_3690_SL11.jpg2012F_BC_3690_SL30.jpg

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our Bighorn has Pecan finish cabinets which we specifically ordered. The website says Maple finish is also available in the Bighorn line. Both are lighter than Cherry.
Have you considered a Bighorn? Just an idea. Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Odd. The online catalog says the Gold Package option has the cherry, but doesn't say anything about the standard unit. I agree, the dark cherry is not cheery.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did your dealer tell you that was the only color you could get? Call HL and see what they say.

B

bwwalczak

Just received a call from our dealer. Cherry is the only color we've been told could be ordered. Betty and I are really disappointed :(. This dark color is cold and impersonal. Maybe they will bring back the warm and cozy light oak in 2014. Until then, the search continues.

View attachment 21625View attachment 21626

View attachment 21628View attachment 21627

Please keep in mind, you will have to see the coach in real life. Don't make your decision only on the pictures provided. You are comparing high quality, marketing adjusted color levels, with the lights on in the second coach (which is what we call cherry), to the new bordeaux photos (which look like they were taken with a camera phone - no lights, no decor, no marketing department adjustments).

Something else the photos don't call out is the much higher sheen cabinets. These are motor home style doors, much closer to residential doors than anything used in trailers in the past.

If you have any questions on this, or to clear up any confusion, please call me directly: 574-532-1491 (cell#)

Let me know! You will be happier with a Big Country!

VKTalley

View attachment 21625View attachment 21626

View attachment 21628View attachment 21627

Alanfred, Here is the interior of my BC3690SL kitchen.
Kitchen.jpg
We bought ours mid-September this year. I am not sure on the color of my wood but with all the windows in the living/kitchen area, it does not feel dark. I am partial to light open spaces and love my 5er, though I can't enjoy it right now due to breaking a bone in my foot and having to stay off of it. Hope this helps with your search, and as others have mentioned...please visit a dealer and walk through the unit.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Something else the photos don't call out is the much higher sheen cabinets. These are motor home style doors, much closer to residential doors than anything used in trailers in the past.

Speaking of cabinets and their sheen...

The finish on our kitchen cabinets has already worn off in several places. I highly doubt this is because of wear and tear considering the unit just hit 4 months old. I hope you guys addressed this in your updated cabinetry or hopefully it's just a fluke.

Theresau

My 2 cents worth. We have been looking at Big Country's for weeks now. The Camping World near Tampa had quite a few models (from the Tampa show). Our first impression was that the cabinets were just too dark...that was a common statement from others (women for the most part) as we sat in the trailers while others came in.

Our 2010 Bighorn has the warm cherry cabinets.

We really like the 3251 TS floorplan and the exterior design of the Big Country but the cabinets are just so dark. However, we made multiple trips to the Tampa Camping World and I did get used to it after awhile.

The vessel sink is beautiful but I'm glad it's an option that we can have replaced with porcelain. Joe didn't like this at all. I would have thought it was "cool" but my guess is it would need to be windexed daily.

We love the layout of the 3251 TS - especially the moveable island. I much rather have the sink against the wall than in the center of the kitchen and we like to be able to stop at rest areas and have lunch in the trailer - since we can move the island further down during travel, we will be able to have access to the kitchen and the dinette. And you can place the island anywhere you want - even on an angle.

We also like the Versa table much better than the smaller tables in the Bighorn and Landmark. Much more useful and attractive. I especially like that you can turn the table around so that you are facing the window.

And I like the lighter counters.

Yes the cabinets remind me of motorhomes but frankly I don't usually like the decor in motorhomes.

Theresa

Please keep in mind, you will have to see the coach in real life. Don't make your decision only on the pictures provided. You are comparing high quality, marketing adjusted color levels, with the lights on in the second coach (which is what we call cherry), to the new bordeaux photos (which look like they were taken with a camera phone - no lights, no decor, no marketing department adjustments).

If you have any questions on this, or to clear up any confusion, please call me directly: 574-532-1491 (cell#)

Let me know! You will be happier with a Big Country!

MTPockets

We don't like that Cherry either .... however, I'm sure they had some sort of customer input before thrusting this on all...