Price check on Ford DRW 1ton

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I am looking at a loaded 12 DRW F350 Lariat 4wd. Nav, SunRoof, 5th wheel prep and so on.

They are at $53k on it and not coming down from that. Is that a fair price.

It's not a King Ranch, not a fan of the quality of the leather.

jimtoo

I have not shopped for a new truck lately, but I would definitely check 2 or 3 different dealers. Some dealers just have a lot more overhead than others. You might be surprised at difference in prices from a small dealer to a big city dealer.

Just my thoughts.

Jim M

jnbhobe

I am looking at a loaded 12 DRW F350 Lariat 4wd. Nav, SunRoof, 5th wheel prep and so on.

They are at $53k on it and not coming down from that. Is that a fair price.

It's not a King Ranch, not a fan of the quality of the leather.

What is the MSRP and what discounts are you getting, there are a lot of discounts out there if you qualify, military, credit union, x-plan, you can even ask for litature on line and get a $500 to $700 coupon mailed too you.

L8APXER

Fords are the most expensive trucks out there. One way to determine the value is to use Edmunds.com (or similar) to build the truck on line (you will need to have all the options to enter the info). There you will be able to calculate the dealers invoice as well as the MSRP and the true market value of the truck. This should help you in your negotiations. Good hunting.

dbbls59

I think it is a fair price if it is a diesel. That is equipped like mine and that is about the price I paid with the X plan.

porthole

Retired
When I bought my last two vehicles this site was the most accurate as far as package code numbers and pricing. Meaning the package name and code matched exactly my order sheet for my F-350
Also following through with the "request a quote" I got the best pricing from this site over all the other online car builders.

https://capitalone.truecar.com/new-car.html

dave10a

Do your home work and negotiate from knowledge and not emotion. Also remember people are in business to support their families.

wino2

From invoice to sticker there is not $10,000 markup. Unless the dealer has put what they call an addendum sticker. If that is the factory sticker at $63K, and you can buy for $53K, you are purchasing below dealer cost by all means purchase it.

jnbhobe

I for 1 do not like the King Ranch I rather have a lariat I don't like the seating or the color options available that is why I bought the Lariat and yes they can run the 63 grand

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I for 1 do not like the King Ranch I rather have a lariat I don't like the seating or the color options available that is why I bought the Lariat and yes they can run the 63 grand

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The king ranch Use to come with a distressed saddle leather. Now it is just the same leather as the lariats but brown. Not worth the money anymore.

I don't like the brown dash either. The Lariat is what appealed to me. With the King Ranch you get less options for more money.

Here is the truck that I bought.

u4ajyzyq.jpg

4uhuhu2a.jpg

ytyha4yg.jpg

jnbhobe

I have exactly the same truck only SRW and 40-20-40 seats. Not many silver over gray around, everyone loves it and you'll love the way it pulls.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I have a 2012 in the Bronze two tone Lariat package which appears to equal yours. Missing only KR seating options everything else equals KR package. We love it and I paid $51K last December in NC. Traveled from NY to Durham for deal and I thought it was the best out there especially compared to NY regional pricing. Enjoy we sure do enjoy ours and it pulls great.

porthole

Retired
From invoice to sticker there is not $10,000 markup. Unless the dealer has put what they call an addendum sticker. If that is the factory sticker at $63K, and you can buy for $53K, you are purchasing below dealer cost by all means purchase it.

Those numbers are about right. In December 2010 my truck had a MSRP of 64K. The dealer discount were about 6700, rebates at the time equaled 3250. My price was a bit over 53K
Current F-350 rebate is 4000. No too bad.

63K MSRP is high for a Lariat. I would move up to a King Ranch package for that price and get more truck goodies for less money.

My truck is a Lariat. 2011 was the first year you could get all of the KR features except for the KR color scheme. Most seem to either love or hate that trim. I dislike it and it was a key for me ordering the Ford.

There are no "goodies" that a KR gets over a Lariat package. Badging doesn't count.

The king ranch Use to come with a distressed saddle leather. Now it is just the same leather as the lariats but brown. Not worth the money anymore.

I don't like the brown dash either. The Lariat is what appealed to me. With the King Ranch you get less options for more money.
Here is the truck that I bought.

Good luck you will really like the new truck. Start thinking about air bags though. About the only drawback to the new springs on the 2011+ trucks.
And you will know you are towing a 40' traielr behind you :rolleyes:

With the King Ranch you get less options for more money.

???