PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana - 10/2/2013 to 10/6/2013

jayc
10-12-2012, 08:37 AM
3890 C Street, Amana, IA 87819

Venue:
------------------------------

Amana Colonies RV Park
3890 C Street
Amana, IA 87819
Laura Woods 800 471-7616 319 622-3216
http://www.amanarvpark.com/Page-Home_1.aspx
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Site fee: $33 per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/5/2013
Potluck time:

Event Leader: jayc(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=18)

Additional Info:
We are planning to "kick off" an Iowa Chapter with this rally. Hopefully someone will step up to be the Chapter Leader for Iowa. Please contact me at heartlandrvs.jcoffman1@gmail.com if you are interested.

The park will allow us to use a Good Sam discount along with the rally rates, which are posted at 2012 rates. If the rates for 2013 are different, I will change the first post and post this information. Just mention to the park when you call to make your reservation that you are with the Heartland rall group to be placed with the group.

Please join us for the Octoberfest festivities at or near the park. Discounted tickets will be available at the park office until Thursday evening October 3rd.

Please give me feedback on when we will have a potluck. Would you rather have a potluck breakfast, lunch or dinner? After all, it is YOUR rally.

1. Jay and Stella Coffman (TX)
2. Dave and Mary Hromek (WI)
3. Silverado 23 (IA)
4. Bernie and Judi Ver Hey (MO)
5. Dave and Amy Tardiff (WY)
6. Dennis and Jackie Bailey (MI)
8. Bill and Barb Yelliott-Liming (IL)
9. Don and Kathy Swanson (MN)
10. Tom and Diane Lennie (IA)
11. Jim and Nancy Beletti (TN) - Site G8 - Arrival: 1-Oct but may change to 2-Oct
12. Hoyt and Mary Maisack (IN)
13. Lou and Bette Dick (TX)
14. Tom and Kathy Ireland (MN)
15. Jim and Betty Posz (IA)
16. Reg and Nancy Hromek (WI)
17. Larry and Gayle Kuykendall (MO)
18. Don and Diane Merk (IA)
19. Steve and Mary Wilson (MO)
20. Don and Monica Ashby (CO)
21. Kim and Dottie Miranda (FL)
22. Bob and Pat Wood (IA)
23. Lee and Roxy Thorson (IA)
24. Don and Joyce Baker (MO)
25. Roy and Sally Evans (MO)
26. Mike and Donna Blin (IA)
27. Jon and Patti Holbert (PA)
28. Gary and Carol Lippe (IA)
29. Ken and Kathy Strong (IL)
30. Chuck and Reggie Dvorak (IL)
31. Mike and Linda Kennedy (WI)

cookie
10-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Love The Amana Colonies.
Octoberfest is a great time.
We will be there.

Peace
Dave

Herbiesrig
10-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Dan and Karen will celebrate Dan's b/day at the Amana Colonies add us in

jayc
10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Happy Birthday to Dan! We'll sing to him at the rally.

jimtoo
10-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Happy Birthday to Dan! We'll sing to him at the rally.

Jay,,, let everyone else sing for him....you can rest your voice....:rolleyes:

jayc
10-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks Jim, I need the rest. Only if you'll help to sing...

olcoon
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Jim, I was thinking that as well as you know Willie Nelson, maybe you could get him to sing to Dan!:rolleyes: Hopefully we'll be able to go!

codycarver
10-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Just made our reservations with Laura so count us in!! We are really looking forward to it. Beer, Brats, and fireball.... What could possibly go wrong????

codycarver
10-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Please give me feedback on when we will have a potluck. Would you rather have a potluck breakfast, lunch or dinner? After all, it is YOUR rally.

Why not do them all?

jayc
10-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Dave, it sounds like you've got a good plan for the food and drink and now a great idea for the meals! Want to be the Chapter Leader for Iowa too?

olcoon
10-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Jay,
Dave has my vote for the IA chapter leader, we had a great time in Cody!!!

jayc
10-19-2012, 10:28 AM
I just spoke with Gary Ketelsen at Ketelsen RV about sponsoring the rally. He sponsored the last rally in 2009 and said he would be glad to sponsor us again.

Come on Iowa, let's have some fun!

GOTTOYS
10-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I just spoke with Gary Ketelsen at Ketelsen RV about sponsoring the rally. He sponsored the last rally in 2009 and said he would be glad to sponsor us again.

Come on Iowa, let's have some fun! You just won't find nicer people. His wife is a good entertainer as well...Don

jbeletti
10-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Great work Jay. Ketelsen RV is part of the elite group of dealers that "really get it" when it comes to working with clubs. It can be a great 2-way street.

Hey Iowa Club Members - see what a great partner you have in a dealership? Who wants to PM Jay with their interest in taking on Chapter Leadership? It's not a difficult job and if there are more dealers in Iowa that want to work with us, it can really be a plus for rallies.

happykraut
10-30-2012, 10:31 AM
If the lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, Judi and I will be there.

jayc
10-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Bernie, it will be good to see you and Judi. Can't wait!!

codycarver
10-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey Jay, What's a guy gotta do to get added to your list.

jayc
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
A LARGE bottle of Fireball would help out. It lubricates my fingers so I can add names to the list!

LOL- you and Amy are added right now!

codycarver
10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
With Bernie coming I'll need to stop in Cheyenne and pick up some of those liter bottles I found and if Roy and Sally make it I'll have to avoid the scales or get ticketed for over weight.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jbeletti
10-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Hey Jay, What's a guy gotta do to get added to your list.

Woohoo - Wyoming is coming to Iowa!

jayc
10-31-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm trying to get to 14 states represented like Tennessee!

ALF
12-01-2012, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=jayc;274997]A LARGE bottle of Fireball would help out. It lubricates my fingers so I can add names to the list!QUOTE]

Jay...If we promise to bring Fireball...will you add us to the list also?22328 LOL....my fingers are getting warm just holding it.

We just left a message with the campground to call us back to make our reservation! We had a blast at the first Iowa rally and made so many friends that we could not pass up the opportunity to go to another Iowa Rally. Octoberfest is GREAT! Hey...how about everyone else that was here the first time. Join us!

ALF
12-01-2012, 12:53 PM

Count Georgia in!

jayc
12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Paul and Sue, you got it! I'll add you to the list. The Georgians are in.

jayc
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I got a PM from Gary and Janelle Bucher that will be coming with us.

bacaye
12-02-2012, 09:12 PM
We are planning on making a trip back to another Iowa Rally....Bill and Barb Yelliott-Liming

jayc
12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I'll be glad to meet you Bill and Barb.

GOTTOYS
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Amana was the first Heartland Rally we went to. Our trailer was only 2 weeks old and it was the first time we used it. We had a great time, made some wonderful friends and can't wait to do it all over. Put us on the list for sure!.No Baloney.. Don and Kathy Swanson

jayc
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Don and Kathy, looking forward to it!

cookie
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
We are off to a good start with 8 states represented so far.
TX, WI, MI, MO, WY, GA, IL and MN.
What I don't see is IOWA.
C'mon Iowa, the first rally was a blast. Sign up and come have some fun.

Peace
Dave

Tom_Diane
12-05-2012, 01:51 PM
We are about 25 miles from the Amanas. We are planning on attending but my health went a little south so will have to wait for to time to gets closer to see where Im at. Shouldnt be a problem but seems like each week or month is a new thing coming up with me. Been making regular hospital stays every 6 months to a year and not less than 2 weeks at a time.

jayc
12-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Well Tom, you'll have to get yourself well so you can come have some fun with us! Hope you get well soon and we'll be looking forward to seeing you there.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help you get there. I'm not sure just yet when we'll be there, but I'm sure it will be a few days early, so if you need help in getting to the park, let me know.

codycarver
12-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Well Tom, you'll have to get yourself well so you can come have some fun with us! Hope you get well soon and we'll be looking forward to seeing you there.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help you get there. I'm not sure just yet when we'll be there, but I'm sure it will be a few days early, so if you need help in getting to the park, let me know.

2nd that. If there's anything we can do just ask. That goes for you too Jay.

jayc
12-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks Dave, I'll keep that in mind. I've got a HUGE stack of bills that I may need some help with.....(LOL)

codycarver
12-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Very funny!! rent more boats.

happykraut
12-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Yah, Dave, and don't you forget it. LOL

happykraut
12-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Called Laura this afternoon to make reservations. Left a message, but no return call yet. Really looking forward to this one.

Tom_Diane
12-06-2012, 04:15 AM

Please let me know if I can do anything to help you get there. I'm not sure just yet when we'll be there, but I'm sure it will be a few days early, so if you need help in getting to the park, let me know. Thanks, but as I long feel well, Im mobile and doing things I want to. First rally was fun, looking forward to the 2nd.

happykraut
12-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Finally got a hold of Laura and made our reservations. Arriving 9/30 and leaving on 10/7.

Lou_and_Bette
01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Jay, I called for reservations yesterday and still waiting for call back but please include Bette and I on the list of attendees. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and making our first excusion into Iowa

Lou

codycarver
01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Jay, I called for reservations yesterday and still waiting for call back but please include Bette and I on the list of attendees. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and making our first excusion into Iowa

Lou

That's great!! Amy and I (and Tucker too) are looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Lou_and_Bette
01-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Wahoo, Laura (nice lady) called and we are reserved...coming in 30 Sept, leaving 7 Oct. Thanks for the greeting Dave, does that mean waffles on the grill are in our future?

Lou

codycarver
01-15-2013, 06:54 PM
If you guys will eat them I'll make them with a green light from Jay & Stella of coarse.

cookie
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
I'll bring the syrup.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jayc
01-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Great Lou, another Texan at the Iowa rally!

happykraut
01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I will eat them too. I heard they go great with Fire Ball. I think it was Roy that told me that.

jayc
01-15-2013, 10:15 PM
We'll contribute something to the breakfast. Looking forward to it!

mnkamper
01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Kathy and I are registered!
Great time at the Amana rally the last time! Feels like a reunion!
More attractive then ever now with waffles on the grill.... and cookie is bringing WI homemade maple syrup!

olcoon
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Can't beat that Fire Ball syrup, Bernie!!!

jayc
01-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Pancakes, homemade syrup and Fireball, how much better can it get?

Tom, glad you and Kathy can make it!

Tom_Diane
03-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I keep peeking around here. I cant believe there is no one else from IA showing interest. I am still planning but the health is still a big if for me.

Jim Posz
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Okay, you've got another Iowan for the Rally. Went to the last one there (our first rally) and it was a good time. You're right, Kettlesons were awesome sponsors. This time the wife will have more time with the group; the first day of this rally is the day after her retirement. Hope it's the beginning of a long and enjoyable era.
Jim Posz
Fort Madison IA #1719

jayc
03-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Jim, we are looking forward to meeting you at the Iowa rally. You and Betty are on the list!

hklez
03-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Do you have to be a full timer to join this rally?

cookie
03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Nope, just Call the CG and make your reservation.

Peace
Dave

jayc
03-24-2013, 10:51 AM
We're glad to have worker bees and we'll look forward to seeing you there.

drk
04-18-2013, 09:03 PM
We would love to attend but we are farming.

jayc
04-19-2013, 05:20 PM
drk, we'd love to have you and that Classic Landmark at the rally but we understand that work must come first. Perhaps next time.

MOTORCYCLECOMMANDER
04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Do you have to own a Heartland Camper to go to one of these rallies? I sounds like a real good opportunity to talk with other owners and as you have a dealer sponsoring might be a good time to purchase so we would not be the odd goose out, rather be just another duck in the pond --- if ya know what I mean :cool:

jbeletti
04-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Do you have to own a Heartland Camper to go to one of these rallies? I sounds like a real good opportunity to talk with other owners and as you have a dealer sponsoring might be a good time to purchase so we would not be the odd goose out, rather be just another duck in the pond --- if ya know what I mean :cool:

Hi Tim,

As the owner of "some other brand", it's up to the Chapter Leader as to your attendance. As the Club President - I am inviting you! We only ask you pay the $20 non-member fee. This is the same amount the chapter will be reimbursed by the club HQ for each club member rig. This helps leadership offset their costs for putting on the rally.

Please join us. Make your reservations with the CG, then circle back to this thread to let Jay know you are coming and when.

cookie
04-22-2013, 08:10 PM
There was a couple that attended a Wisconsin rally a few years ago. They owned a Montana.
The following year they attended the rally in their new Bighorn.
Once you sample the Kool-Aid.........................

Peace
Dave

MOTORCYCLECOMMANDER
04-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Thank you Jim for the invite (and a little secret is the camper belongs to my parent who don't use it much but we borrow it frequently) and we are really interested in the Cyclone. I may just go crazy and get one this summer, or wait till the fall and try for a good pre-winter deal. But either way i will contact Jay after I contact the CG and let him know we would like to come out and stay with a great crew :cool:

Dave, I think you are absolutely right one sip is all it would take, heck all I have seen is pictures and I want one. The closest dealer is Bob and Jo's in Guthrie, Iowa so as soon as I can get a free weekend we'll (wife and I) take the bikes and go for a nice day ride and see what they have. :cool:

Thank you all for being so kind as to open your club to a couple of newbies looking to get in on the Heartland family. :cool:

jbeletti
04-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Tim,

Don't matter who's camper it is - come on over :)

In terms of the Cyclone (or even Road Warrior), look at them anywhere you can find one, then order one through a dealer and get on it what you want.

Dealers bring onto their lots, what they feel they can sell and sometimes the units won't have some options you really wanted or need. Also, when there are a large number of floor plans, a dealer just can't carry them all and maybe won't have the one that fits your families needs the best. But by looking at what you can find "on the lots", you will get a good sense of whether what we build and the way we build it suits your needs. Then you can order what you want or launch a more intense search for the perfect floor plan.

Jim

jayc
04-23-2013, 10:22 AM
I'll be looking forward to meeting you Tim.

cookie
04-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Iowa rally attendees!
There is a theatre in Amana called The Old Creamery Theatre Company (http://oldcreamery.com/index.php).
I see on their web site that there is a comedy playing during the rally dates. Unnecessary Farce (http://oldcreamery.com/2013UnnecessaryFarce.php).
Mary and I are wanting to go see that play maybe on Thursday the 3rd unless Jay has something else planned. Our plans are not carved in stone.
Tickets are $27.50.
Anybody interested?

Peace
Dave

codycarver
04-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Iowa rally attendees!
There is a theatre in Amana called The Old Creamery Theatre Company (http://oldcreamery.com/index.php).
I see on their web site that there is a comedy playing during the rally dates. Unnecessary Farce (http://oldcreamery.com/2013UnnecessaryFarce.php).
Mary and I are wanting to go see that play maybe on Thursday the 3rd unless Jay has something else planned. Our plans are not carved in stone.
Tickets are $27.50.
Anybody interested?

Peace
Dave

We are

Lou_and_Bette
04-28-2013, 08:20 PM
We are interested also

jbeletti
04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
If this comes to pass, count us in for 2. Thanks Dave.

Jim Posz
05-01-2013, 11:47 PM
That souds like fun.

Please count Betty and I in for the Old Creamery Theatre. If payment is needed in advance, please let us who and when we need to pay.

Jim Posz

mnkamper
05-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Count Tom and Kathy in too (2) :)

ALF
05-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Iowa rally attendees!
Tickets are $27.50.
Anybody interested?

Peace
Dave

Paul and I are definitely interested in attending just as long as Paul is able to get off of work! HAH HAH!!!!

ALF
05-08-2013, 08:42 PM

Tim,

We are the aforementioned couple that attended the first Wisconsin rally in an SOB....purchased our Big Horn the next year! It was the best decision we made when we decided to attend that first rally! Not only do you get a fantastic rig, but you are welcomed into the Heartland FAMILY! We look forward to meeting you in Iowa!

cookie
05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Paul and I are definitely interested in attending just as long as Paul is able to get off of work! HAH HAH!!!!
Sue, don't worry. I know someone and I can get Paul out of work.

Peace
Dave

jayc
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm sitting back, pen all ready to sign you up!

cookie
05-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Update, I incorrectly put the date on this post as October 6. It should have been October 3.
Update for the theater. I have 20 seats reserved for the play on Oct 3 at 3:00 pm.
Rows 3 and 4 center, 10 seats each.
So far 14 people are interested. If we get 15 or more the price of the tickets go down to $23.50 each.
I will contact those interested sometime in September. I will need your hard earned cash so I can make payment two weeks before the show.
If they do not receive payment two weeks in advance, we loose the reserved seating.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Update for the theater. I have 20 seats reserved for the play on Oct 6 at 3:00 pm.
Rows 3 and 4 center, 10 seats each.
So far 14 people are interested. If we get 15 or more the price of the tickets go down to $23.50 each.
I will contact those interested sometime in September. I will need your hard earned cash so I can make payment two weeks before the show.
If they do not receive payment two weeks in advance, we loose the reserved seating.

Peace
Dave

Dave - thanks for coordinating this. How do you want us to get money to you and when?

Jim

cookie
05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
How do you want us to get money to you and when?

Jim
I will let you know when we get closer to the date.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
05-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks Dave.

cookie
05-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Oops, forgot attach the seating chart.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
05-28-2013, 03:57 PM
I received an email today about another rally that will be going on at the Amana Colonies RV Park a couple weeks prior to ours. They had a couple of great links on info about/in the area. Thought those coming to our Iowa Rally or are considering it might want to see this info:

Campground Info - Amana Colonies RV Park & Event Center (http://www.amanarvpark.com/)

Our event will be hosted at the Amana Colonies RV Park & Event Center, a 60-acre campground, RV park, and event facility located in the heart of Iowa's historic Amana Colonies. You can learn more about the facility by clicking the link above which will take you to their website.

Read about the Amana Colonies on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amana_Colonies)

The Amana Colonies was built and settled by German immigrants in the late 1850s. For eighty years they maintained an almost completely self-sufficient local economy, importing very little from the wider, industrializing U.S. economy. Learn more about the Amana Colonies on Wikipedia by clicking the link above.

Learn about Arts & Culture in the Amana Colonies (http://amanacolonies.com/pages/arts-culture.php)

With more then two dozen museums, galleries, studios and theaters, the Amana Colonies is a wonderful place to have a rally. To learn more about the Arts & Cultural in Amana, please click the link above.

jayc
05-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks for adding this information Jim, I just got an email on the same rally.

jbeletti
05-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks for adding this information Jim, I just got an email on the same rally.

You could go to both :)

convert
06-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Jay
count us in for the rally. we will arrive on the 1st and leave the 7th Thanks Reg and Nancy Our Res has been made

mnkamper
06-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks for coordinating the Theater Dave! Maybe we can catch each other at Goshen and the Ireland's can pay you there?
Glad Paul is getting off work for the IA rally..... maybe he can put in for days for the MN rally too?

convert
06-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Dave count us in on the show
Reg and Nancy

jayc
06-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Reg and Nancy, we will be looking forward to seeing you in Iowa.

Flapper
06-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Add our names to your list-Steve and Mary Wilson @ Kahoka, MO. Just made reservations with RV park so will be seeing ya'all in October (if not before!).:cool:

jayc
06-24-2013, 01:42 PM
I got a PM from Don and Diane Merk as well as Steve and Mary coming to our rally. Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone.

happykraut
06-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Steve, glad to see that you're coming.

jayc
06-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I have some good news from Gary Ketelsen, owner of Ketelsen RV (http://www.ketelsenrv.com/Home.aspx) in Hiawatha Iowa and sponsor of our rally. He has agreed to contact more Iowa Heartland owners that are their customers to let them know about the rally. He has also agreed to send his mobile service truck over for a day of service at the park. He said they will come over and grill some Amana brats for us and we will furnish side dishes and desserts. The club will furnish iced tea and coffee. Gary also said he has some guitar strummers that work for him and that they will come over and we can have a sing-along around the fire on Saturday night.

Sounds like things are coming together for this rally! I can't wait!

codycarver
06-25-2013, 07:16 PM
MORE food Jay?? We're going to have to diet for a month just to get over Goshen!!! Oh well somebody has to eat it:)

happykraut
06-26-2013, 02:20 AM
Dave, that somebody might just be you. Great job, Jay.

StarryNight
06-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Jay,
Monica has talked me into coming. We will tag along with Dave and Amie from the Wyoming Rally in Utah to Amana, then follow you and Stella down to Canton for the North Texas rally. Really looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
Don

jayc
06-28-2013, 09:07 PM
That's great Don! Glad to have you and Monica in Amana! And traveling south to Canton will be a lot of fun too.

jayc
07-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I just got a PM from Kim and Dottie Miranda that they are coming to the rally!

It's official now, 14 states represented! Let's keep it up, don't stop us now!!!

Iowans, you are tied with Missouri at 3 rigs coming to the rally.

jayc
07-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Bob and Pat Wood, another Iowan that just bought a Sundance, contacted me to say they're coming to the rally.

Flapper
07-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Since we are coming in on the 1st, if you have any tickets left for the Old Creamery show, please save 2 for us. Let us know when you want the $$ and we'll get it to you...........Thanks for setting this up! Steve and Mary Wilson

cookie
07-22-2013, 09:56 PM
I will contact you in about a month as to where you need to, and how much, money to send.
If we get enough signed up we will get a discount.

Peace
Dave

jayc
07-23-2013, 03:11 PM
I just spoke with Laura at the park and learned that are very limited sites during the weekend that we are having our rally. If you have not contacted the park to make a reservation with them, you could be in a less than full hookups site

PLEASE DON'T PUT THIS OFF!!

jayc
07-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Lee and Roxy Thorson from Fudge Storm Lake Iowa contacted me to say they are coming to the rally. Another Iowan!

dbbls59
07-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Just made reservations for the Iowa Rally. Will arrive on the 2nd, or maybe the 1st. Looking forward to the Octoberfest.

jayc
07-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Don and Joyce, we'll be looking forward to seeing you in Iowa!

Can't wait!

olcoon
08-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Look out Iowa, we just made reservations for the rally! Will arrive on 10-01 & leave on 10-07.

codycarver
08-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Look out Iowa, we just made reservations for the rally! Will arrive on 10-01 & leave on 10-07.

Bubba,Beer,and Brats... can this rally get any better????

jbeletti
08-02-2013, 10:41 PM

Woot! We're gonna have a wing-ding of a time in my home state!

Lou_and_Bette
08-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Jim, after this gang hits your home state, you may be permanently placed on the "persona non grata" list. Lou

jayc
08-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm glad you and Sally are going to make it to Iowa. The rally is full now but we can probably squeeze in a couple more sites if there is anyone else that wants to come.

Can't wait!!

happykraut
08-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I'll bring my Lederhosen.

iawoody2
08-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Being new to the Heartland Club, and just getting our Sundance after having a class A, we are really looking forward to this rally and meeting everyone.
Bob and Pat

olcoon
08-03-2013, 09:55 PM
iawoody2,
Looking forward to meeting you, you'll meet a bunch of great people & have a great time! Bernie, I think that was a little TMI on the hose you will be wearing. I guess it doesn't make much difference now, so I've got to ask...are those panty hose?

olcoon
08-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Dave,
If there is room for 2 more Sally & I would like to go to the play. Let me know when, & how you want us to pay for it.

dbbls59
08-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I must have missed something. What is the play you are referring to?

mnkamper
08-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Don and Joyce,
You might check out Dave's post in #65, he found out about a play that's going on at the rally time!

From Post #65
Iowa rally attendees!
Tickets are $27.50.
Anybody interested?

dbbls59
08-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Sounds like fun. Please sign Joyce and me up for this.

jayc
08-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Sadly Dan and Karen had to drop out because of personal issues. The good news is that there is an opening for someone else to sign up!

happykraut
08-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Yes, Roy, they are pink with a little lace on top.

jimtoo
08-05-2013, 03:10 PM
What Bernie???? Karen is having a baby girl??? :)

happykraut
08-05-2013, 05:10 PM
What Bernie???? Karen is having a baby girl??? :)
Jim, you lost me on that one. We're talking about lederhosen and , Roy, well that's another story all together.

jimtoo
08-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Jim, you lost me on that one. We're talking about lederhosen and , Roy, well that's another story all together.

I thought you were talking about why Karen is not coming :) And Roy,,,yep ... could be a long story. :)

jbeletti
08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Sadly Dan and Karen had to drop out because of personal issues. The good news is that there is an opening for someone else to sign up!

:( Bummer - we'll miss them.

Silverado23
08-09-2013, 09:20 AM
I would like to sign up for this rally.

cookie
08-09-2013, 07:55 PM
If you want to sigh up for the rally, you will need to contact the campground and check for site availability. If sites are still available, reserve one then come back to this page and Jay will see it.
Here is their contact information.

Amana Colonies RV Park
3890 C Street
Amana, IA 87819

Peace
Dave

cookie
08-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Just a heads up for all those that expressed interest in attending the play at The Old Creamery.
We are now up to 22 that want to go. I have 30 seats reserved, but will only have to pay for those that are included in the final count.
In about a week I will email all those that want to go and let you know where to send payment for your seats. I need to pay for our seats by early September.
There are no refunds on ticket purchases.
Since we have more than 15 tickets we will get the group discounted price of $23.50 per seat.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23
08-09-2013, 10:47 PM
I got my site reserved. Thankyou.

If you want to sigh up for the rally, you will need to contact the campground and check for site availability. If sites are still available, reserve one then come back to this page and Jay will see it.
Here is their contact information.

Amana Colonies RV Park
3890 C Street
Amana, IA 87819

Peace
Dave

codycarver
08-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Just a heads up for all those that expressed interest in attending the play at The Old Creamery.
We are now up to 22 that want to go. I have 30 seats reserved, but will only have to pay for those that are included in the final count.
In about a week I will email all those that want to go and let you know where to send payment for your seats. I need to pay for our seats by early September.
There are no refunds on ticket purchases.
Since we have more than 15 tickets we will get the group discounted price of $23.50 per seat.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave

jayc
08-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Dave, thanks for handling this for us.

Silverado23, you are added to the list. Looking forward to meeting you.

Leadtoothlouie
08-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Sign me up, I have a site reserved for this rally. Should be there Thursday afternoon.
Mike & Donna

jayc
08-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Mike and Donna,I will add you to the list. Looking forward to meeting you in Amana.

jnbhobe
08-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Jay, Add me and Patti to your list, I just got reservations from 9/30 thru 10/7. See ya there.

jbeletti
08-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Jay, Add me and Patti to your list, I just got reservations from 9/30 thru 10/7. See ya there.

Woot - Holberts! Tell Patti to not stress over seeing me - her special confection is not on my diet plan :)

Silverado23
08-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Any one thinking of playing golf at the nearby Amana Colonies golf course may want to check out this groupon deal.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/amana-colonies-golf-course-3?c=deal_button&d=deal-page&date=20130815&p=1&s=body&sid=d394f319-df3d-42df-9df2-455d45e8d2f1&user=cd946ebe79eea284a2c548337a08a732541f58597a975 7e98befc1e95294d19e&utm_campaign=amana-colonies-golf-course-3

The savings can be pretty good considering the regular rate is $67 or $77 and this deal includes range balls, cart and a $20 pro shop credit.

GOTTOYS
08-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Made my reservation today. Thanks for the reminder, Jay. Arriving on the 2nd (Weds.) Leaving on the 6th (Sunday). The 2011 Rally was our first trip and our first Rally ever in our fiver. I hope this one is as much fun!...Don

jayc
08-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Jon, looking forward to seeing you and Patti again after Goshen. I'll add you to the list.

Don, glad you were able to get your reservations made.

cookie
08-16-2013, 08:33 PM
This evening I sent out an email to those that want to go to the play with information on payment.
Here is a list of those that expressed interest.
If your name is not on the list and you want to go, please reply to this post so I can get you on the list.

Codycarver
Cookie
Lou_and_Betty
JBeletti
JimPosz
Jnbhobe
MNKamper
Alf
Convert
Flapper
Olcoon
dbbls59

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe
08-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Man, so now I have to give YOU MONEY TOO!!. LOL

Checks in the mail.

cookie
08-16-2013, 08:54 PM
That's the price you gotta pay for just knowing me. LOL

Peace
Dave

iowaone
08-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Sign Carol and I up for the the rally. I have made our reservation with the Amana Park. We we come in Thursday afternoon.

jayc
08-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Gary, I'm glad to sign you and Carol up for the rally.

olcoon
08-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Just thought I'd put this out in case anyone might be interested.

Covered bridges in Madison County (as in the 1995 movie The Bridges of Madison County w/Clint Eastwood & Meryl Streep) – 2hrs away, but a nice day trip Madison County, Iowa - The Bridges of Madison County (http://madisoncounty.com/index.php?page=the-bridges)http://madisoncounty.com/uploads/PDF...County_Map.pdf (http://madisoncounty.com/uploads/PDFs/TypeExpressMadison_County_Map.pdf)

Herbert Hoover National Historic Site – West Branch,IA 40 minutes away Herbert Hoover National Historic Site - Herbert Hoover National Historic Site (http://www.nps.gov/heho/index.htm)
National Motorcycle Museum – Anamosa, IA 1hr away National Motorcycle Museum » One of the finest collections of vintage bikes in the world! (http://www.nationalmcmuseum.org/)
Riverside Casino & Golf Resort – Riverside, IA 45 minutes awayRiverside Casino & Golf Resort® - Riverside, Iowa - Hotel in Coralville and Iowa City Area (http://www.riversidecasinoandresort.com/)
National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library – Cedar Rapids, IA 30 minutes away National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library (http://www.ncsml.org/default.aspx)
Brucemore (Historic Mansion) – Cedar Rapids, IA 30 minutes awayBrucemore | Historic Estate in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (http://www.brucemore.org/)
White Soy Candle Company – Norway, IA15 minutes away Welcome to White Lights Soy Candle Co. - 100% Soy Hand poured in Iowa (http://www.mywhitelights.com/)
Tanger Outlets – Williamsburg, IA 30 minutes away Tanger Outlets: Williamsburg, Iowa :: Directions (http://www.tangeroutlet.com/williamsburg/directions)

katkens-DW
08-19-2013, 02:09 PM
OK Jay I made reservation for the rally we will be there on the Sept 30.. See you guys there !

jayc
08-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Kathy and Ken, it will be good to see you again.

katkens-DW
08-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Not sure what kind of shape I will be in but iam excited never been to Amana..

jnbhobe
08-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Not sure what kind of shape I will be in but iam excited never been to Amana..

I'll bring a dog sitter!!!

jnbhobe
08-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Dan and Karen will celebrate Dan's b/day at the Amana Colonies add us in

Patti's birthday is Oct. 1st

jbeletti
08-20-2013, 07:09 AM
My birthday is the 10th. Sounds like the birthday rally :)

katkens-DW
08-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Sounds like cake and ice cream are in order !!

codycarver
08-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey Jay & Stella,
We were just perusing your list of attendees. WOW what a cast of characters!!!! This is gonna be a blast.

Lou_and_Bette
08-24-2013, 07:55 AM
WOW what a cast of characters!!!!

And, which dwarf are you??? Is the pot calling the kettle black?

happykraut
08-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey Jay & Stella,
We were just perusing your list of attendees. WOW what a cast of characters!!!! This is gonna be a blast.
I'm not saying a thing.

Herbiesrig
08-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Dan's b/day is the 9th....

ALF
08-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Very sad to say that we will not be attending the Iowa rally after all.....trying to find a house to buy and with a few medical issues that have come up the trip is too long to take at this time. We will miss you all! Iowa is a great time! Have fun!

Oilman
08-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Just made our reservation today:rolleyes:

mnkamper
08-25-2013, 04:15 PM
ALF...... that is sad, sad news! While we wish you best house hunting and with the medical issues, we were really looking forward to seeing you guys again! I

jayc
08-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Paul and Sue, we are sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it.

Dennis, glad you got a site! Looking forward to seeing you and Jackie again.

LeeRox
08-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Any chance to still get tickets to the play? Roxy and I would like to go.

cookie
08-26-2013, 10:09 PM
I will send you an email tomorrow.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
08-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Very sad to say that we will not be attending the Iowa rally after all.....trying to find a house to buy and with a few medical issues that have come up the trip is too long to take at this time. We will miss you all! Iowa is a great time! Have fun!

:( We'll miss you guys.

chasdvorak
09-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Room for 2 more????? We just made our reservation at the campground and plan on arriving on Thursday, October 3rd, 2013. Looking forward to a great time and the tapping of the keg at Octoberfest. Safe travels and looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

jayc
09-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Chuck and Reggie, glad you can make it! I'll add you to the list.

cookie
09-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Just a reminder, if you are interested in the play, let me know.
Also, if you signed up and have not paid me yet, my deadline to have the tickets paid for is getting close.

Peace
Dave

cookie
09-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I need to clarify the date of the play. In one of my posts I incorrectly stated the date of the play as Oct. 6. That is wrong.
The date should have said Oct. 3
If you were planning to go on the 6th, and this date does not work out for you, please let me know ASAP.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23
09-10-2013, 08:43 AM
If anyone is interested in area attractions:

John Deere offers tours of several of their factories.

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/corporate/our_company/fans_visitors/tours_attractions/factorytours.page?

Des Moines works (1.5 hrs) to the west of Amana makes cotton pickers, self-propelled sprayers and other equipment.
Harvester Works (1.5 hrs) to the east in East Moline, IL makes combines. The world headquarters and a very nice visitor pavilion are also located in this area.
Tractor works (1 hr) to the north in Waterloo, IA makes tractors, also near the Engine works.
Engine works (1 hr) to the north in Waterloo, IA makes 9.0L and 13.5L engines.

There appears to be enough scheduled times that it could be possible to tour both the Tractor and Engine works in the same day.

olcoon
09-10-2013, 12:59 PM
That sounds interesting, I'd probably be interested if we have the time & some others are going. Wonder if they'd throw me out if I wear my "Juan Deere" "T" shirt I got down in Mexico??? :confused: :rolleyes:

GOTTOYS
09-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Very sad to say that we will not be attending the Iowa rally after all.....trying to find a house to buy and with a few medical issues that have come up the trip is too long to take at this time. We will miss you all! Iowa is a great time! Have fun! Sorry we won't see you there. We wish you well!..... Don and Kath..

jayc
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Mike and Linda Kennedy PM'd me to say they are coming. WOW 31 coming to Iowa!!!

iawoody2
09-10-2013, 10:15 PM
My wife and I are both retired from John Deere Waterloo. The tour of tractor assembly is fantastic. If pick just one this should be it.

iawoody2
09-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Well, it's less than 2 weeks now to rally time. We purchased our Sundance in July and joined the owners club right away. This will be our first rally, rv anyway. We rode Harleys, his and hers for about 10 years and attended alot of rallies. Now enjoying the comforts of the rv lifestyle. See ya there!

garyandjanelle
09-22-2013, 09:21 PM
we are sorry but with thing going on at home don't think we can make to the rally but we may be able to stop by and visit for a bit

jayc
09-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Gary and Janelle, we're sorry that you won't be able to make it. Be sure to call the park and cancel also. Come on by if you can.

Silverado23
09-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Is there any sort of schedule of rally events that will be taking place? Or is it just general chaos during these rallies?

dbbls59
09-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Has a time for the potluck been set? Morning, noon, or evening? My wife wants to know!!!!!

codycarver
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Has a time for the potluck been set? Morning, noon, or evening? My wife wants to know!!!!!
With this crew I wouldn't be surprised if it's all three!!!

jayc
09-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Sorry for the delay. I'll have an agenda made up and hand then out as you arrive. The potluck is set for Saturday night at 6PM.

happykraut
09-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Very sad to say that we will not be attending the Iowa rally after all.....trying to find a house to buy and with a few medical issues that have come up the trip is too long to take at this time. We will miss you all! Iowa is a great time! Have fun!I will surely miss the both of you. Good luck in your hunt and hope the medical issue is nothing too serious.

Oilman
09-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Check out this website. This looks like a fun time in the Amanas!
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html

Silverado23
09-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Check out this website. This looks like a fun time in the Amanas!
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html

If your interested in going festhalle addmissions are $10 for one-day pass $15 for two-day pass

Early Bird ticket prices: $7 for one-day pass, $12 for two-day pass.

Discounted Tickets can be purchased by phoning the Amana Colonies Convention and Visitor's Bureau.
The phone is 319-622-7622. The discounted prices are available through October 3.

olcoon
09-27-2013, 11:37 PM
A couple of weeks ago Silveraldo23 said something about getting a group together for a tour of a John Deere plant in the area. Haven't seen anyone respond...anyone else interested? Also I was talking to jayc (Jay Coffman) here at the MO rally & he also said something about going to Antique Archeology (American Pickers on TV) it's about 80 miles away, 1.5 hrs away, anyone be interested in that?

kimdot
09-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Iowa rally attendees!
Tickets are $27.50.
Anybody interested?

Peace
Dave

Sorry, just reading the posts for this rally. We would be interested in attending if there are still openings.

cookie
09-29-2013, 10:16 AM
If you want to go to this play, I will check on Monday to see if seats are still available with the group.
Tickets are $23.50 each. That's a $4 discounted price.
Send me an email with your phone number and I will call you when I get information regarding seat availability. Cookie@HeartlandOwners.org

Peace
Dave

jayc
09-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Kim and Dottie, you need to call the park to see if they have any more open sites. There is a couple here at the MO rally that called and were told that the park is full but got put on a waiting list for an opening. Good luck!

mnkamper
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
We're very disappointed as we had a great time at this rally before but Kathy and I have to cancel and made it official today by calling the campground! We'll have to enjoy seeing Sally with her new headwaear through the pictures!
Enjoy the Amanda Colonies.... it's a lot of fun!

Silverado23
09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
A couple of weeks ago Silveraldo23 said something about getting a group together for a tour of a John Deere plant in the area. Haven't seen anyone respond...anyone else interested? Also I was talking to jayc (Jay Coffman) here at the MO rally & he also said something about going to Antique Archeology (American Pickers on TV) it's about 80 miles away, 1.5 hrs away, anyone be interested in that?

I am still interested. would be happyto make arrangements. Let me know soon if your interested and I call John deere. I think their tours are on friday morning or afternoons. they have two plants i may try to tour both if time and schedules allow. one is tractors the other engines.

olcoon
09-30-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm definitely interested! From what someone put on here earlier, the tractor plant would be a good one to go to.

jbeletti
09-30-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm interested - so long as it does not coincide with any planned rally activity. Also, if a tour gets planned, I need to contact Evans Waller. He can't make the rally but told me he'd join a John Deere tour if one came about.

Silverado23
09-30-2013, 11:34 PM
What are the scheduled events for friday? I will call and see what is available for tractor factory tours. The other tour that is also in waterloo is the engine works. I may check to see if either are available and times. so far it looks like 7 or 8 are interested. Any one else interested?

jayc
10-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Nothing is planned during the day on Friday. We will have an ice cream social meet and greet that night. I'd like to go to the JD factory too.

codycarver
10-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Me too

Silverado23
10-01-2013, 12:28 PM
I was able to reserve 6 spots for the 8 am tour friday at the waterloo tractor assembly works. We would need to leave by around 6:30am to get up there in time for the tour. the other time available would be 1pm thursday. please let me know as soon as possible if you want to go on the tour. I have only reserved the time for friday as it was expected to be full later today.

GOTTOYS
10-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Just got our truck out of the shop this afternoon. Phew! We WILL make it there as planned. Had a squeek in the front end when turning. Thought we would make it to our final destination in KS where we plan to spend several days and I was going to have it looked at there. The noise was getting worse so we brought it to a dealer yesterday. They replaced both front axle u-joints. One on each side. Sure glad we got it done..Trailer is washed up, checked over and ready to rock. We're excited to get there. This was our very first rally back in 2011 and the first time we used our then new, fifth wheel...See ya'll at about 3:47 P.M. direct from Minnesota..Don and Kathy Swanson

jayc
10-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Glad to hear it Don! see you soon.

jbeletti
10-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I was able to reserve 6 spots for the 8 am tour friday at the waterloo tractor assembly works. We would need to leave by around 6:30am to get up there in time for the tour. the other time available would be 1pm thursday. please let me know as soon as possible if you want to go on the tour. I have only reserved the time for friday as it was expected to be full later today.

I'm in and can take 3 others with me. Let me know if I made the cut.

jbeletti
10-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Hey Verizon Wireless data users!Is anyone still using a 3G only MiFi or USB modem and is looking for a deal on a 4G MiFi?I just upgraded to a different model and have a Novatel 4510L (3G/4G) MiFi available for free to someone in real need of it. It will be available at the IA rally this week.

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 06:38 AM
After talking with a few others at the rally there seems to be more interest in going up on Thurs day to the 1 PM tour. we would need to leave by 11:15 to get there and have a few minutes to spare. John Deere also seemed to have much more availibility for Thursday. Let me know as soon as possible if you want to go on thursday and I will get our reservation made. by 10:30 AM today thank you.

jbeletti
10-02-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm good with either day/time. If Thursday is chosen, when slotting me in, put me in for 1 and put Evans Waller in for 1. I will contact him when I hear he's in.

olcoon
10-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Yep, I'm in!

cookie
10-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Jim, the play is Thursday at 3:00 PM.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 07:49 AM
I could keep reservations for both times and those that want to go friday morning can use that time. Let me know which day works betterwhen responding

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Yep, I'm in!
Ok, thursday.

jbeletti
10-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Ok, thursday.Dave says the comedy show is Thursday at 3 - any sense of when we might be back at the campground if we toured Deere on Thursday? Many of us already have paid for tickets for the show.

olcoon
10-02-2013, 08:10 AM
I forgot about the play, Sally would shoot me if I didn't make it back for that!!!

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Dave says the comedy show is Thursday at 3 - any sense of when we might be back at the campground if we toured Deere on Thursday? Many of us already have paid for tickets for the show. The tour is 1.5 hours so probably 5pm. I can put you on the list for friday.

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 08:15 AM
do you want friday @8am

jbeletti
10-02-2013, 08:21 AM
do you want friday @8am

Yes - Friday for me since Thursday won't put me back in time for the comedy show. Thank you.

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 08:24 AM
here is a run down
thursday leave 11:15 tour 1pm return 5pm
1. cody carver

friday is limited to 6 in my reservation

friday leave before 6:30 tour 8am return 11:30-12

1 jbelletti
2 evans waller
3 olcoot

interested but no time specified
jayc

I will go both days if friday is not full.

elwaller39
10-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Do we have an answer for the John Deere tour?

jbeletti
10-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Do we have an answer for the John Deere tour?

Evans - see post 204. You are in the Friday group, leaving the campground at 6:30 am. Or you can meet us there. If you cannot make Friday, please advise via reply to this post ASAP so you can be slotted in Thursday. As you are not attending the rally, Thursday may be a better choice for you as it allows rally attendees to be slotted Friday. A lot of rally attendees are going to a comedy show on Thursday afternoon, so the Thursday Deere tour won't work for many.

elwaller39
10-02-2013, 12:59 PM
I plan on being at the camp grounds by 11:15am on Thursday . If there is a change please advise me. Thanks

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Thursday tour is cancelled since everyone needs to be back for the show that conflicts.

Friday is still on!
plan on leaving the campground by 6:15-6:30am
1. olcoon
2. jbeletti
3. ewaller39
4. silverado23
5. Happykraut
6. iowaone

iowaone
10-02-2013, 09:46 PM
David. Put me down after all
Gary

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Thursday tour is cancelled since everyone needs to be back for the show that conflicts.

Friday is still on!
plan on leaving the campground by 6:15-6:30am
1. olcoot
2. jbeletti
3. evans
4.silverado23

5.Bernie

We still have one more spot available.

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 09:51 PM
David. Put me down after all
Gary

Great!
6. Iowaone

at this point all spots that I have reserved are filled. If anyone is still interested, let me know and I will call John Deere to see if any more can be added.

iowaone
10-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Sure would be nice if we could all ride together.

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Sure would be nice if we could all ride together.
Jim is driving one truck and we probably need one more driver.

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Tour DetailsTour lasts 1.5 hoursParticipants must be a minimum of 13 years of age (NO EXCEPTIONS)No video cameras or cell phones allowedNo open-toed shoes or sandals allowed

iowaone
10-02-2013, 10:03 PM
JiM

Is there any chance I could ride with you.

Gary lippe

jbeletti
10-02-2013, 10:05 PM
JiM

Gary lippe

There are 5 confirmed at this time and I can fit 5 - though for a ride that long, 2 in the back may be more comfortable than 3. I think we'll want to take 2 trucks. So we need one volunteer plus me to drive. We need to leave out not later than 6:30 am. Those riding with me will meet at my place around 6:15 am. We'll get this all worked out tomorrow (Thursday).

Silverado23
10-02-2013, 10:07 PM
JiM

Gary lippe
I am not sure but evans is driving in from someplace else I don't know if we're meeting evans in waterloo but the rest of us should be able to ride with Jim

iowaone
10-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Sounds good.
Gary

jbeletti
10-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Had a great first day at the Iowa Rally pre-rally. Nancy and I arrived around 2:15 pm. Got checked in and setup, then I we walked around to say hi to folks we saw outside.

I had previously instigated a dinner outing to a nearby Maid-Rites joint. About 17 of us went. Been a couple years since I had a Maid-Rite. Can't say that they were awesome, but they were pretty good!

Back at the campground, a few of us went to the office to buy our Oktoberfest tickets. It's going to be rainy/stormy for the weekend, so we got 2 day passes so we could go during any breaks in the weather.

A campfire was made over at Ken and Kathy's place and a good number of people turned out for it (30+). Stories were told (thanks Lou and Dottie!). Roy made campfire dutch oven chocolate cake with cherries. The Fireball, Jack Tennessee Honey and others were passed around. Conversation was had about organizing a potluck breakfast later this week.

Nice time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

jbeletti
10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
I am not sure but evans is driving in from someplace else I don't know if we're meeting evans in waterloo but the rest of us should be able to ride with Jim

I called Evans tonight. He's meeting at my place at 6:15 am Friday.

mudmaker
10-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi there. I stopped out this morning to see how the weather was in the campground. Parents are there although didn't get registered with the club soon enough. They are in a Sundance down by the river. Lol.
Wow, that was a big shower this morning. Hopefully the weather will cooperate from here on out. You will all have fun Saturday night with Gary and crew playing music and telling stories. (Ask Gary's wife about her chickens!) As my weekend camping plans got rained out we may stop by Saturday night to enjoy some festivities.
Prospective buyer
Glen

jayc
10-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Glen, hope you can drop by tomorrow. Look me up when you get here.

jbeletti
10-04-2013, 10:04 PM
The tour of John Deere was really nice for the 6 of us that went EARLY this morning :)

A bunch of rally attendees went downtown for Oktoberfest and shopping. Fun stuff!

Tonight, Jay and Stella hosted an ice cream social and a few people brought appetizers. Ketelsen RV (http://www.ketelsenrv.com/) was there too and they brought several of their Heartland customers with they. Very cool!

I popped over to 2 campfires tonight (3 last night), visiting with Heartlanders.

Looking forward to tomorrow's (Saturday) breakfast starting at 9 am followed by more time downtown Amana and then a great potluck in the evening with brats furnished by Ketelsen and entertainment by Ketelsen as well.

Fun times with Heartlanders!

jbeletti
10-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Wow - what a great rally!

Many of us had a blast at Oktoberfest and shopping downtown etc. Many, many campfires - I went to 2 and 3 campfires nightly :) An amazing breakfast on Saturday and a super-fun potluck Saturday night plus entertainment. Ketelsen RV, our dealer partner for this rally really knocked it out of the park, bringing 9 Heartlanders from Ketelsen's own camping club. They cooked for us, entertained us, sang to us, played games with us. What an amazing dealer! Definitely in an elite category amongst club supporters.

I'm seeing rigs leave already this morning (Sunday) :( We too are starting to pack up.

Thank you Jay and Stella! Thank you David L (Silverado23)! Thank you to all who helped us setup, cook, organize, cleanup etc.

Looking forward to great things from the Iowa Chapter in the coming years :)

codycarver
10-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks Jay and Stella for a great rally! Best of luck on your new chapter Dave Lippe.

olcoon
10-06-2013, 09:20 AM
I've got to go along with Jim & Dave, Jay & Stella it was an awesome rally! You guys put on another great rally & picked a great venue to have it in! Sally & I have had a blast...especially Sally on Friday at the Oktoberfest!!!

happykraut
10-06-2013, 05:26 PM
What a great rally. Thanks to all that had anything to do to set it up. Thanks Dave Lippe for taking over as chapter leader. Thanks Dave Tardiff for making/donating that beautiful antler lamp that I won as an attendance prize.

jnbhobe
10-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Jay & Stella, thanks for a great rally and thanks to all the assistants. Good luck to Dave with his new position as chapter leader. We were happy to meet new friends and to be able to spend almost the last 4 weeks with all our old friends.

katkens-DW
10-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Well we made it home from the Iowa rally . What a great time Jay and Stella .. Loved all the campfires and seeing and meeting old and new friends.. We hope everyone has a wonderful winter. Dave you will do great in Iowa..

iawoody2
10-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Well we bought our Sundance late July and joined the HOC. Saw the Iowa rally listed and only an hour from home, decided to see what this is all about. We had a great time, met many great people, and ate great food. Thanks Jay and Stella for getting this together. And Dave for stepping up to be our leader, you can count on us to help out with your future plans. I think it is safe to say that we will be joining many rallies in the future, hopefully.
Bob and Pat Wood

cookie
10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Bob, nothing like BS'n with the boys while enjoying a cup of coffee on a cold Iowa morning.
We had a great time at this rally with all the great people.
Attendance was awesome, with 15 states represented.
Congrats Dave on your leadership position.
We look forward to many more Iowa rallies.

Peace
Dave

olcoon
10-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Well we had our last supper & campfire tonight, with Lou, Bette, Kim & Dottie. Had a great time with old & new friends. Leaving in the morning, sad to see it end, but we know we'll be seeing you guys down the road...somewhere! Again Jay & Stella GREAT JOB, & Dave, I'm sure you'll do a great job & thanks for setting up the "Juan Deere" tour, I really enjoyed it!

Silverado23
10-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and support as I step up to the Iowa chapter leader role. I look forward to our future rallies in iowa and getting the opportunity to meet more heartland owners. I enjoyed the Iowa rally and meeting everyone.

mnkamper
10-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Sounds like the Iowa rally was another huge success! The Ireland's were sad to miss it this year after having to cancel our spot!
Congrats and a big thanks to Dave for taking on the Iowa leadership role, there's been some fun rallies at the Amana Colonies!

Dave and Amy, how did you guys come out with the Oct. storm in SD and WY?

codycarver
10-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Dave and Amy, how did you guys come out with the Oct. storm in SD and WY?

Made it home safe and sound. Dry roads all the way. We missed you guys:(

iowaone
10-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Carol and I enjoyed the rally. It was nice to meet many of you whose posts I read. Thanks for giving the Iowa chapter the shot in the arm. Being Dave's dad i believe he will do well. I hope to see again down the road.

Gary