Really frustrated with Heartland and suppliers

bd2dabone

I have addressed Heartland, TBC, Lippert, dealer etc on what wheels would be an upgrade for a Cyclone 3800HD.
No one seems to have an answer. Lippert is the only responder saying that they do not supply tires/wheels and cant make a recommendation and I need to contact Heartland (well duh I knew that but Lippert does make axles and suspensions so I figure they would be the best source).

I am really getting close to the end of my string here on which direction to turn chasing my butt in circles :mad:because thats what I feel like i been doing for 6 weeks now waiting on my trailer to be repaired at Explorer RV in Boerne, Tx from a blowmax tire explosion.

Make the sale and forget about the existing customer, there are always new ones to sell rv's.

steve

pegmikef

I am sorry about your tire problems, but thanks for the info on the dealer service support there, because I was considering buying my next rig from there. Living in San Angelo with no Heartland dealers, I can really go to any dealer since they are all remote from here and it looks like I might have to take Boerne off my list.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You say that you have called HL service and cant get an answer?? That seems odd.

Last edited:

bd2dabone

I get Hearland reps on the phone just no solutions, almost like they do not wish to address the issue???? Maybe I am not asking questions correctly? All i need to know is what is an alternate to installing Tow Max tires on the trailer, I even asked in a way what if I were ordering a brand spanking new trailer????

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Are you looking for the same wheel to match your existing configuration? Or are you looking for a recommendation for a new wheel/tire package for your rig? I don't think Customer Service is in a position for making that kind of recommendation. There are dozens of threads on this forum talking about wheel/tire combinations, sizes, air pressures, etc. My personal chioce would be a 16in wheel capable of handling Goodyear G614's, in the 235/85-16 size (I think that is correct - going off the top of head memory on what I have on mine). I think a reputable tire/wheel shop could help you with a selection that would work. Also, some folks have gone to other brands/types such as Michelin RIB's.

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

I get Hearland reps on the phone just no solutions, almost like they do not wish to address the issue???? Maybe I am not asking questions correctly? All i need to know is what is an alternate to installing Tow Max tires on the trailer, I even asked in a way what if I were ordering a brand spanking new trailer????
If you were ordering a new trailer you would have the option of adding Goodyear G614 tires at extra cost. These are a load range "G" tire tire as opposed to the load range "E" tire you currently have. They will work on your current rims if they are rated at 110 PSI. You will need to remove a wheel to find that information. The wheel rating will be cast on the inside of one of the spokes. It will be easy to find but the wheel needs to come off to find it. If you want to spend more money a great choice would be to go to a 17.5" wheel and tire combo. These are not available through Heartland. If you do a search for "tires" on this forum you should get a couple of days worth of reading on the subject. I have installed LT tires on my trailer and have had excellent luck with them. There are numbers of choices available to you. Good luck...Don

wdk450

You posted that you contacted TBC - I don't know who that is. Did you contact Tredit Tire, Heartland's Tire and Wheel Supplier, listed on the left side of the portal page???

I hope this helps!

bd2dabone

Gottoys answered my question. TBC is my tire supplier for mine.

Somewhere at one of the places someone engineered these components to go together and which will wirk the best. Guess I couldnt find that engineer.

Tks gottoys..

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Many trailer manufacturers use Sendel Wheels as OEM. You may find your wheel with the PSI rating at this site if you don't already know it.