Cable and Satellite inputs Labeled backwards on Prowler

Eddhuy

I tested my new Winegard carryout before connecting to the Prowler 29PTi and it worked great. Connected to the Prowler and was getting no signal. There was nothing labled where the television and stereo are located but based on the antenna location to the TV, disconnected and lost signal, I was able to make an assumption the other connector was for the satellite. After connecting satellite to input on trailer I was getting no signal to the sat receiver. Before testing continuaty I thought I'd try connecting the satellite to the cable connection because it was the easiest thing to do. That was the problem, they labled the satellite connection cable and I hope the cable, satellite, have not tested it yet.

I love that Winegard carryout 1518, very easy to use.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I did a continuity test on my rig to figure out which cable went where. Same deal, the GM1518/DISH receiver worked great at home but not so at the rig. But once I got the wiring figured out and found a spot to set the GM1518 (lots of tall trees around out CG site), it was all good. Did occasionally have to contact DISH after being gone for a week or so, at times, to send signal to "restart" or upgrade system to get it back up.

danemayer

Cable will work using the satellite wiring but satellite will not work using the cable wiring. The signal booster and splitters in the cable wiring won't pass satellite signals.