2013 Silverado 33RK - tv bedroom mount

DuaneG

Silverado by bighorn. Hopefully it is okay to post under bighorn since I don't see an area for Silverados.

We have a sticker in the bedrood on the wall over the dresser saying it's the area for the tv mount. I want to use the biggest screws without driving them through the backing or into any wires. Anyone know how thick the backing is and if anything else is run behind that portion of the wall that could be an issue.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I believe the total wall thickness is 3". Your best bet is, on Monday call HL service and ask them. Have your VIN# handy.

Last edited:

sengli

I know on ours we had this TV premounted from the factory. There is not just screws holding a bracket up there, there was a 1/4" piece of plywood mounted to the wall first, then the bracket was attached to the plywood, to spread out the load over a larger section of the wall. I assume the plywood also gives them a larger footprint to attach screws to the aluminum studs in the wall.

DuaneG

I did call heartland. I forgot the exact thickness, but know it was close to 1/2 inch thick plywood that was used. I just did not want to screw into wires or anything like that.