Happy to be joining the group.....

Put a good sum of cash down on a 2011 NT 28RBS.....we should be in jail.......we are stealing this TT...got an amazing price on a still new 28RBS. Will be pulling it with our 2008 Tundra 5.7L (think we found a good fit for our TV). We are getting married on Nov 4th...take delivery following weekend. Very excited...would enjoy an comments about NT line of trailers

Myself (Paul) DW (Judy) DD (Jamie 13) DD (Julia 13)
2011 North Trail 28RBS

jimtoo

Hi duvalfamilycampers,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

NO,,, you don't need to be in jail (I hope) ,,, you just got a great deal on a great North Trail that you will use to make lots of great memories. Welcome aboard and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

The Heartland Family is here for you. Think of joining us at rallies and meeting lots of great folks and making friends for a life time. Check out the Heartland Owners Club for some good benefits.

Enjoy the forum and your new North Trail.

Jim M

pegmikef

Nice choice. We have had our North Trail just under two years and have towed it 13,000 miles all over Texas, New Mexico, into Colorado and Arizona, over all kinds of terrain and just love it. We keep thinking of moving up to a fiver, but always end up staying with the TT because the size is really good for a lot of parks we stay in. You'll love it. Congrats on the acquisition and the marraige.

Manzan

Very happy with our 21 fbs. Had a few glitches but Hearland and Lippert took care of them with my Dealer's help. Do a very thorough PDI, (Pre Delivery Inspection) and make sure everything works the way it should. If you don't know something, ASK. If possible, stay a couple of nights on the dealer's property so you can get familiar with it all. Took delivery of ours March 1 last year and our dealer cranked up the heat inside to show how the A/C worked. Water in the fresh holding tank and hook up external water supply to check for leaks.
Any questions about anything and this forum can surely answer them.

berky

Congratulations on the trailer ... and congratulations (in advance) on the wedding. It's great that you can start RV'ing as a family from day one.

I think you'll find that everyone here has been amply rewarded with their choice in a North Trail. You may find a few minor items that need attention as you go through your first shakedown cruises. But your choice in TT will also be affirmed.

You should be OK with your Tundra. I pull a 26LRSS, a bit lighter than yours, with a Silverado 1500. The mountains of PA weren't too much trouble ... but I also know enough to stay away from WV. As for the stability of the tow in general:
- Learn how to set up the WDH yourself, and do yur personal best. Don't rely on the dealer.
- Consider ugrading to LT tires on the Tundra, if you don't have them now. They took away a lot of "squirminess" for me.
- Don't put too much cargo in the truck bed, say no more than 200#. 1/2 ton pickups max out their cargo capacity before they max out their tow weight.

APT

Congrats! We love our 11 28BRS. I pulled it with a 2003 F-150 which it did very well, if not slowly at times. Your Tundra should have not problems, but as mentioned, limit the weight in the bed.