Caulking??

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Wanted to ask the Factory this, but since we don't own a Landmark yet...thought I'd put it here.

It is a requirement of your warranty coverage that caulk be maintained over the entire rig...with full body paint, how do you keep caulk maintained?? It's simple on the white Bighorn...we have easily maintained using regular white caulk, this is something we do about twice a year, but with full body paint we sure as heck cannot use white caulk....so what does everyone with full body paint do...???

I really feel this kind of maintenance is why our almost six year old Bighorn still is in excellent shape and has no leak problems anywhere...this may, if there is not a reasonable answer, shy us away from body paint...reluctantly...:(

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know about warranty requirements regarding caulking the LM, or ready matched colors being available from HL. I think someone mentioned here a while back that there were some available.

However, I was at a True Value recently and was amazed by the myriad of colors that are now available in silicone and non-silicone type caulks.
It seems that there is a color for almost any application. Trace

Wharton

There is a special caulk that is used. I believe it is "lifetime". I give you credit for redoing your caulk twice a year, removing all the caulk and recaulking is a big job but I really don't see the need to do it that often.