Electric Eclipse awning installed!

ChopperBill

My dealer (truck camper dealer) and I installed the new Carefree Eclipse awning. Shes a dandy! Just did the physical mounting and I took it home to do the wiring. (sorry, just think I can do it only the way I would like) Used a battery to operate it and It runs out smooth and quite as can be. After my deductible it still cost us a pretty penny but an upgrade that I think we will be thrilled with for years to come. Maybe you folks will be lucky enough to have your original awning destroyed! :D

ChopperBill

Thought about that but you know an awning is just an awning. Kind of all look the same. You just have to be there when it is running in and out to appreciate the lazy side of life. Guess I could get video camera and really bore you folks to death. ;)

K

Ken Washington

ChopperBill,
I for one would like to see a couple photos if you get time! One with it open and one closed. A picture is worth a thousand words, you know!

Ken

Uncle Rog

Chopper, I always spill my "soda" opening and stowing the awning, a true professional can do the job one handed, good for you.....

dglatta

Lost clip spring

While I was putting down my awning on our Bighorn 3670 last weekend the clip at the end of the side bar that holds the top extension bar in place fell apart and shot the spring inside the clip who knows where. Does anyone know where to find a replacement spring? I've tried a couple big box hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot) with no luck. Thanks for your help.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would think you could find most awning parts at your RV dealer or just about any dealer. Awnings have pretty specialized parts, so your probably going to have to go to a trailer store that stocks parts to find them. If that doesn't work, check with the awning manufacturer. Most have websites that may be helpful or a dealer locater that would steer you in the right direction.

ChopperBill

OK OK! When I get it wired up I will take some pics of RENEE running it in and out. I will be the guy under the awning drinking a cerveza or two!

Uncle Rog

dglatta, had the same thing happen two units ago. I went back to the dealer and they had a bag full of them, the tech reached in and grabbed one, I reached out and took the bag! They come unassembled and a real pain for such a nothing part. I have never seen them for sale anywhere.....good luck..........