Hydraulic Leveling system

djkarau

We are looking to purchase a new 2012 Landmark Grand Canyon, I have noticed that some come with a 4 point hydraulic leveling system and some with a 6 point system.

Has anyone had any problems with the 4 point, and in particular how much more stable is the 6 point system. The 2012 that I'm currently looking at only has the 4 point system.

dave10a

We are looking to purchase a new 2012 Landmark Grand Canyon, I have noticed that some come with a 4 point hydraulic leveling system and some with a 6 point system.

Has anyone had any problems with the 4 point, and in particular how much more stable is the 6 point system. The 2012 that I'm currently looking at only has the 4 point system.

can not comment on 4 point, but my 6 point is stable and I don't need any after market stuff to make it better- also the auto level feature is great once you get it properly calibrated. Also the 6 point will completely lift the trailer to change tires if needed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that the four point hydraulic utilizes the electric rear stabilizers along with it. So it could be said that it is a six point system.
Nothing wrong with that other than the electric part is a lot slower than the hydraulic.
My thoughts are that if there are four hydraulic legs on the ground, six hydraulic legs are better.
I have six hydraulic legs and the rear electric stabs.
I rarely use the rear stabs.
I think that the six point system does not come with rear electric stabilizers.

Peace
Dave

K

karykatz

Just a reminder- the 4 point leveling system has 4 points that level and 2 rear that stabilize after levleing. it has 6 points

porthole

Retired
Just a reminder- the 4 point leveling system has 4 points that level and 2 rear that stabilize after levleing. it has 6 points

That's a stretch - the rears stabs do nothing to level, only stabilize. I can show an example of what the stabs look like if trying to use for level :cool:

To the OP. If you decide on the traielr with the 4 point, you can have it upgraded to full 6 point at the Lippert shop.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have 4 point leveling & if I stay more than a couple of days I drop the rear stabs & it takes out almost all of the movement. Don't run them down to hard and bend them, it's not needed.

BC

wildwolfproducts

Ours has the 4 point jacks and it does have some movement. But when I put down the back electric jacks it takes most of it out. But will still be adding these http://www.steadyfast.com/ to take that little movement out my wife does not like. But its only when were in one spot for a week or so.
Pete

ChangingPlaces

We have fitted the 6 leg auto levelling kit along with the steadyfast bars and they are great. Hardly any movement at all, well worth the money. Go for the 6 legs over 4 any day.
Paul

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
***comment redacted as mean-spirited and un-constructive***

Jim
Admin

Last edited by a moderator: