Bring back lighter countertops

I can't understand why Bighorn decided to replace the lighter countertop with darker ones mid season. We're planning to purchase a new 3455rl in late winter but hate the dark countertops.
1). It's harder to see because the light doesn't reflect as well off a darker surface as it does a lighter one. Most full timers are older so this is a very important point.
2). The lighter counters just look better with the color schemes. They contrast better against the beautiful wood cabinets.
i'll wait for the 2014 if you'll bring back the lighter countertops.

Good Luck with a response from the factory!!!

I started a thread 3 weeks ago to ‘Ask the Factory’ the same question concerning a new 3010RE – with NO RESPONSE! Why can’t Heartland keep their website current with any proposed changes as I found out that not even the dealers are informed of these changes.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Good Luck with a response from the factory!!!

I started a thread 3 weeks ago to ‘Ask the Factory’ the same question concerning a new 3010RE – with NO RESPONSE! Why can’t Heartland keep their website current with any proposed changes as I found out that not even the dealers are informed of these changes.
I just looked at the three posts that you made in 2012.
None of them are in 'Ask The Factory'. Also, the factory does not always respond to questions, especially if they have been answered by other members. It would be nice if they were a bit more active here.
It was also suggested by a couple of forum members that you give the factory a call. Have you tried that? It might be the best thing to do.

Peace
Dave

K

karykatz

Right now not planing on bringing back lighter countertops for bighorn. thank you for your opinion

If you like the 3455, you should look at the San Antonio- It will have the lighter countertop.

If you order with out paint - you can get all the up grades of landmark for just a few thousand dollars more including 2 year warranty.

MTPockets

We like the darker tones, but that's just us.... We try to add splashes of lighter tones in decorating items.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also like the darker countertops. We did a copper backsplash behind the stovetop which helps reflect light.

dalspot

I second the request (or is it 3rd or 4th now?) for lighter countertops. Park a rig under a few trees, and it really gets dark inside! I am so glad our Sundance arrived with light counter tops in the kitchen. Too bad the factory can't make it an option so one could choose light OR dark!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We like the darker, too. We have the darker in our ElkRidge, and so happy they changed it in the Bighorn (our potential next rig). Sorry y'all!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I did the copper backsplash with "copper" ceiling tiles from HD. I thought I took some pix....guess not.

kowAlski631

We are very happy that our new Big Horn has the darker countertops. We keep our blinds up until dark, so the countertop being dark hasn't bothered us.

Westwind

We had a choice when we bought ours, it was a color combination thing, certain colors had dark and the others had light. I preferred the light color Quartz counters. It's too bad they don't offer a choice. That would be the best thing to do if you ask me - especially if you are saying it's a Luxury Fifth Wheel??? If course the less choices you offer the less a product will cost to manufacturer.

Westwind

I was looking through Bighorn's that are for sale on Rvsearch.com. One of the pictures of the inside of a 2013 Bighorn had the information material on the new counter tops.
On this FW they were by LG Hausys and it appears that they could be Acrylic Solid Surface rather than the Quartz that was being used before. It does come in a large assortment of colors so a light one appears to be available.
I'm sort of bewildered with the rapid turnover of product venders that Heartland uses for certain things "Countertops", TV's, and Stereos as an example. Must be something about the RV construction business that I don't understand.

K

karykatz

Westwind,

We havent changed vendor or marterial in Bighorn countertops in over 2 years. We did recently change the color, but we have not changed the LG solid surface material for years.

Westwind

Thanks for clearing that up Kary, now I know what I have in my 2012. Very happy with our light color, but if only the dark had been offered we would have been happy with that.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that no matter what a manufacturer decides to put in an RV, you can't please everyone.
I prefer the dark counter tops.

Peace
Dave