Introduction and shopping for a 3300CK

Earl_Max

Hello Heartland / Sundance owners. I've been looking at campers since June and have settled on the Sundance 3300CK. I've "trolled" in here many times and have found the information VERY helpfull.
We just sold our Forest River Wildcat 28BH and can finally get serious about a purchase! Very exciting to get a new unit after 10 years in the Wildcat.
I'm not too thrilled with the color changes with the chocolate milk (taupe), so we are leaning towards finding one in the old all white colors. Has anyone here ordered a Sundance with the manual awning? What does it do -$$ to the price? I am not a fan of power awnings AT ALL.
Anyway, greetings! I look forward to being an active part of this community.
Earl.

jimtoo

Hi Earl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your Sundance when you get it. If you have questions, just ask and some of our Heartland family will try to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Earl_Max

Well I (we) pulled the trigger today on a 3300Ck. Countless hours of internet shopping, several dealer visits, 100+ e-mails, quotes, run-a-rounds, fake-sales. Aint shopping fun? I ended up orderring a 3300CK from Capital RV in Elkhart. They have been very easy to deal with thus far and got right to the bottom line.
I orderred with manual awning which was $299 higher than the now standard electric awning. I REALLY dislike electric awnings.
We are really excited about this RV! Is Spring here yet?

danemayer

Earl,

Congratulations on placing your order. We also bought from RV Capital Wholesalers in Elkhart and found them to be very easy to deal with. We stayed a couple of days in their parking lot so we could test everything by living in the rig.

Earl_Max

Dear Heartland RV production workers: I was notified that my Sundance 3300 CK hits the line Friday.

May your hands be steady.
May your drill go straight.
May Your caulk gun not foul.
May your wire pull with ease.
May never a splinter pierce your skin.

Good Luck, and may a workmans Pride and Family Guide your work.

sjs731

We have a 2012 3300CK and love it. I hope you do too. Lots of helpful people here to help you out.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

b3berg

You probably have your new camper by now.. I was told that a manual awning was not an options when we bought our's 9 months ago. I never had and issue with manual awnings even thought I would put the awning out when we were leveled up for camping and never put it up til raising the jacks to leave! Our first electric awning was when they first started showing up several yrs ago. A mild breeze and you better be running to roll it up!! We replaced that canvas twice!! So far with this Sundance we've had much better luck but it's at quite a bit more of an angle than our first one was. Just do some testing in mild winds on which end to drop.