Forum Issue

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Anyone else getting an "Out of Memory at Line 28" error window on every page your load? This isn't happening at any other site just the Heartland Forum. At first I thought it might be a virus but it show nowhere else except here!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since this seems to be solved, I'll jump in rather than starting another thread.

Getting on the forum with a smart phone has always been a little tedious.

I don't want Tapatalk (yet) because there seem to be way too many permissions; Allow them to change data, keep the phone from sleeping and on and on.

Recently I can't get past all the pop-ups asking if I want Tapatalk, I have to press "no thanks", or "cancel", every time I press enter, or change threads.

Then after a few minutes, it kicks me off as if I have never logged in. Doesn't remember me. Has something changed recently to prevent rogue phone users not on Tapatalk to access the forum?

Never had this problem until a few weeks ago.

Also, some of you guys using Tapatalk, what's the bottom line with regard to their seemingly invasive permission policy? Am I over analyzing it, or not? Thanks, Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Trace, I don't worry about the permissions. I just let it do what it wants.
Every app you use has the permissions waver attached.
It's pretty much that if you deny permissions, you don't use the app.
For me, Tapatalk has been pretty convenient.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Thanks Dave. If it is now the only way I can get on the forum from my phone, I may try it. Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Trace, there is another mobile app. And it's free. HRV Owners.
Check it out.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Dave, Would you happen to have a link?
I looked through the telecommunications tab but I couldn't find it. BTW, mine is an Android. Thanks, Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim has provided the correct link.
Or you can also just do a search in the 'Play Store' on your phone.
Go to the 'Play Store' app, click on the search button and type in 'HRV Owners'.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Thank you gentlemen, I am now rockin' & rollin' on the forum with HRV.
Still have a few issues as far as function, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Trace

Last edited: