Looking for a good repair center in San Antonio, TX Area!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Need to have some work done on my refrigerator. Its a RM 1350 and the light, Ice maker and Door seals are needing to be looked at. I am still in warranty (I believe) and need to get it to a place to have it worked on.

Anyone have any recommendations?

pegmikef

There is an Exploreusa dealer there over near Lackland AFB. The have a service department and are an Heartland dealer, but I can't tell you anything about quality of work or reliability as I have never had anything serviced there.

sgtbigb

Exploreusa in San Antonio or Boerne gave me great service! Kind of hard to get an appointment thought!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Explore USA in Seguin TX, where I bought my trailer have always been a good dealership. The one in Boerne has had some problems but not sure about today.

BC

danemayer

If the light and ice maker are both failing, you probably have a loose or blown 5amp fuse on the control board back of the frig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Need to have some work done on my refrigerator. Its a RM 1350 and the light, Ice maker and Door seals are needing to be looked at. I am still in warranty (I believe) and need to get it to a place to have it worked on.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Aren't y'all going to be in Canton? There is an ExploreUSA about 3 miles from there (between Canton & Wills Point).

I have not heard how their service is, but they treated the HOC rally folks very nicely last weekend!

You might call and tell them we recommended them. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeandconnie

There are many Authorized Dometic Mobile Technicians in San Antonio area. Most have plenty of experience with refrigerators. I have used them several times with my last RM 1350 and didn't cost me a dime, they billed Dometic directly. Your park should be able to refer you to a good one. My 2009 fridge had a 3 year warranty.

2psnapod2

If the light and ice maker are both failing, you probably have a loose or blown 5amp fuse on the control board back of the frig.

Dan, thanks for the info. I checked the fuse and it was ok. But I did find that it was really loose. Not sure if it has a bad set of connectors or it had just worked its way out. I also heard the solenoid valve click when I pushed it back in. I did this a couple of times, listening to the click. So now I will have to defrost the freezer to see if I can get it to work. It has been really frosting up badly since the door seals are not working very well. I will have to update you guys once I get that done.

2psnapod2

There are many Authorized Dometic Mobile Technicians in San Antonio area. Most have plenty of experience with refrigerators. I have used them several times with my last RM 1350 and didn't cost me a dime, they billed Dometic directly. Your park should be able to refer you to a good one. My 2009 fridge had a 3 year warranty.

I was out of the park for a few and upon return, there was a mobile tech a few rigs away. So I stopped by and got his card. Going to give him a call in a few days. I am going to see if it is working (see other post) first.

danemayer

Dan, thanks for the info. I checked the fuse and it was ok. But I did find that it was really loose. Not sure if it has a bad set of connectors or it had just worked its way out. I also heard the solenoid valve click when I pushed it back in. I did this a couple of times, listening to the click. So now I will have to defrost the freezer to see if I can get it to work. It has been really frosting up badly since the door seals are not working very well. I will have to update you guys once I get that done.

Loose fuse will do it. Shaping it to fit should take care of those 2 problems.

Check for a binding flap on the left door.

danemayer

Also check post #5 from Goingwest on this thread. There's also some other useful info in the other posts.
I just received this week a kit from Dometic to make the flapper close tighter against the seal. It is a new upper & lower guide plate the parts # are upper plate 3851102024 lower plate 3851103022. The new guides have the grove set out a little to make the flapper close faster & tighter . It takes about 2 min. to replace these with just a screw driver.
Dometic sent this to me at no cost even thought my unit is over 3 years old.

2psnapod2

Thanks Dan, I will keep an eye on that. The frost build up is mainly in the freezer so I don't think the frost issue is because of that. I am seeing more moisture on that area also so I will keep that in mind. I had a mobile repair guy stop by yesterday and he will be back for a more indepth look. He did say I should not be getting that much moisture. I is still in warranty and I would like to have it fixed. And if this guy will work with Dometic and do the work, I might as well have him fix the seals and also add the new pieces for the middle flap. We will see if he can get Dometic to approve it. I am also in the process of defrosting it so I can check to see if the Ice Maker is working now. It was so frozen up that there was no way for it to work. Will see how that works and if it still does not work, the tech will have to work on that also. Time will only tell. We are here for at least 2 more weeks, so we should have plenty of time.

billnsue

Not sure what park your staying at but we managed the San Antonio KOA and the mobile repair that does most of the work is just a half mile away so almost makes his second home at the park. He took care of my RM1350 a couple of months ago, not a penny out of pocket. His name is Allen and does a great job.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We're at Ft. Sam Houston FamCamp and Allen has been in the park. We spoke to him last week and plan on calling him today to see when he can stop by. Super nice guy and glad to hear that others speak highly of him. Thanks!

CTD2005

We just recently purchased our second rv from ExploreUSA in Boerne. Have had great service from both sales and service. The service manager is Robert Muenster, give him a call, 830-981-5620. The Sundance we just purchased from them was in Robert's sights if we hadnt gotten it, lol..