Full timing need advice

jwalker1

Hi again folks,

We are full timing it and headed to Lumberton, NC for the winter. The plates on my truck and motorcycle are going to expire at the end of October and we don't plan on being back in Texas any time soon. Wondering if I need to register my vehicle in NC and then get it inspected? Or can I re-register in Texas and get the vehicles inspected in NC? Any help would be appreciated. We will be staying at Sleepy Bears RV Park in Lumberton, NC.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My understanding is you should be able to renew by mail, and the vehicle inspection is not required until you return to Texas...whenever that may be. Then you have thirty days to have your inspection done.

navyAZ1

When we were full timing and had our address in TX thru Escapees RV Club we renewed our vehicle tags online. It was Polk county and they allowed this, then they mailed us our stickers for the vehicles. Like Ken said your not required to reinspect your vehicles until you return back to TX.

Ron,

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Same here as navyaz. Ok if you are an Escapee. You need to go online an register your vehicles. Any problem contact your county clerk.

BC

TXTiger

I live in Calif and we renew by mail without any inspection so not sure about TX but it is so close to the end of Oct why not get the inspection and renewal done before you leave?

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We renew by internet and got a waiver on the emissions inspection. Had to get it inspected when we got back last year.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
South Dakota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!