EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Waynesville - 4/12/2013 to 4/14/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I forgot to mention that Maggie Valley has the most awesome motorcycle museum. It's called Wheels Through Time and is considered by experts to be America's finest collection of vintage American motorcycles. There are over 320 of the rarest and most significant of American made motorcycles; 99% of which are in running condition. There are many unique, one-of-a-kind vehicles and others you might remember from when you were a kid.

Now THAT sounds like something worth seeing!

Julie,

I've been through "Wheels Through Time" many times. Absolutely fantastic place to visit. Love to go again as Dale is always changing the exhibits. Those of you who watch American Pickers on the History Channel, may have seen Frank & Mike at Dale's shop several times. Guess that means Carol and I will have to sign up for this rally and bring our Gold Wing. Super motorcycling roads throughout the area.

Hope we can make this rally. Right now we are still in Massachusetts - Hunkered down for "Sandy" - we are staying at Hanscom Air Force Base Family Camp. Dian had Surgery on Friday - 10/26 and came home on 10/27. She is doing very well but has a follow up appointment on Nov. 5th. We will leave here the 6th. In the mean time we are looking at 60 - 80 mph winds. loss of power for some period of time. We are as prepared as we can be with extra water, gas for the generator and of course food!!!!
We didn't make the last rally at Waynesville and hope we can make this one. We leave Florida on April 7th and will work our way up to NC.
We miss you all and hope to see you there.
Gary and Dian

davebennington

Gary & Dian,

Hope you can make it to the rally, the most important thing now is stay safe. Travel safe let us know how things go with you and Dian.

dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
If Ken and some others want to - absolutely. Will bring the bats.

Nabo

Just talked with Shelia & Ron Brown (ssron) who has registered. They will be in site B15.
B--

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
If Ken and some others want to - absolutely. Will bring the bats.

I'll have mine clubs and three new Titleist balls. Don't recomment Lake Junalaski golf course, but I'm sure there are others nearby. Ken

davebennington

The latest folks to sign up for the rally are Jeff & Robin Jinks, they are new Heartland Club members (HOC #2287), signed up this month. Good to have you there looking forward to meeting both of you.

dave

Well we made our reservations for the Waynesville Rally - we will be coming in on April 10th to the 14th. We will be on site B-6. We look forward to seeing everyone.

We survived Sandy with only some rocking and rolling. We pulled the slides in and sat on the bed and watched the news. Never lost power which was great - even though we had the generator all set up to go - but we feel so sorry for all those who have suffered immense damage and those families who lost loved ones. Our hearts and prayers go out to all the storm victims.

Did someone say GOLF - let me know and see if I could join in. Gary

Nabo

Gary - Ken & Nathan are talking about playing golf and will be glad to have you join in. There's a couple of other HL owners who like to play so maybe they will be planning on attending the rally and will also play (Rodbuster, ncc1701e).

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well we made our reservations for the Waynesville Rally - we will be coming in on April 10th to the 14th. We will be on site B-6. We look forward to seeing everyone.

We survived Sandy with only some rocking and rolling. We pulled the slides in and sat on the bed and watched the news. Never lost power which was great - even though we had the generator all set up to go - but we feel so sorry for all those who have suffered immense damage and those families who lost loved ones. Our hearts and prayers go out to all the storm victims.

Did someone say GOLF - let me know and see if I could join in. Gary
Gary and Dian, Glad you guys are safe and we are looking forward to seeing you guys again.

davebennington

Gary & Dian,

Good to hear that you made through the hurricane OK. It looks like a lot of others did not fair so well, so many are now homeless it is sad.

dave

I can say for myself I would be up for a game of golf. If anyone else is interested let me know. We will arrive on Wednesday, April 10th

davebennington

Gary,

I believe that a few folks have expressed interest in golfing sometime while at the rally. You might try emailing or PMing them to see if you can get enough to get a game up.

dave

davebennington

As I have said in post number 1, there will be a potluck dinner at 6:00 PM on Friday. Lance Duguay will be in charge of the potluck dinner so if you have something special you would like to bring contact Lance for further directions.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.