Lippert Device to Change RV Systems Control

merlinb

Retired
Has anyone else seen this announcement about the New Lippert control system?
Here's a link:

http://tinyurl.com/8ql437g

Wonder if Heartland is one of the three manufacturers that are going to preview the system at the National RV Show, Nov 26-29 in Louisville, KY?

Birchwood

Sorry but my Lippert shocks worn within a year an now my Trail Air rubbers are worn and may require replacing.
They should focus on our main concerns !!!!!

Wharton

Toy, that is all it is. Lippert should revisit some of their other products and get them working up to speed. Why would I want to check my tanks from the bed, get real!!!! What happens when you can't charge it because you are boondocking? What happens when the battery dies in the middle of nowhere.

ihsolutions

While this sure has some whiz-bang, gee-isn't-that-cool appeal to it, it sure seems to me that they are trying to solve a problem that isn't a problem in the first place. There are already remote controls for slide and awning deployment, raise and lower landing gear, etc. I'm not sure we need ANOTHER tablet to do this.

Now, if they could incorporate this functionality into an iPhone or iPad app, that might be worthwhile.

Oh, and if Lippert thinks this device will REPLACE light switches, as they said in the press release, they are crazy. Can you imagine losing the tablet or having it's battery go dead, and not be able to turn on your lights??

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not something I'd be remotely (pun intended) interested in having on a rig of mine.

GOTTOYS

Yup, I really need that...Still don't have my old cell phone mastered..or care. It looks like the old keep it simple stupid adage has passed them by...Don

jayandhisgals

Def. should be a phone app. Would be a nice addition to have especially since it's so dark inside my unit that's it's nearly impossiable to find the control pannel / light switches in the dark. Would love to turn on the porch lights and interior lights without stumbling around in the dark. However I would not want it to replace the manual control panel as others have stated what happens when the batt. goes dead or you loose the darn thing.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Def. should be a phone app. Would be a nice addition to have especially since it's so dark inside my unit that's it's nearly impossiable to find the control pannel / light switches in the dark. Would love to turn on the porch lights and interior lights without stumbling around in the dark. However I would not want it to replace the manual control panel as others have stated what happens when the batt. goes dead or you loose the darn thing.

A small bathroom nightlight, either with an LED or a 4W bulb, plugged into a kitchen outlet, will cure the darkness. Actually, in ours, I get enough light off the fridge panel and the microwave clock to see. Wife likes the night light, though.

jayandhisgals

A small bathroom nightlight, either with an LED or a 4W bulb, plugged into a kitchen outlet, will cure the darkness. Actually, in ours, I get enough light off the fridge panel and the microwave clock to see. Wife likes the night light, though.

Haha,:confused: I guess I wasn't clear enough. I was talking about when we are pulling into a camp site at night. Before we have shoreline power hooked up. We don't run the gen. set in transit so have no 120v power. NO power to plugs or micro & fridge. So I guess your fix, wouldn't work unless I had a really, really long 200 + mile extension cord. LOL.:rolleyes: It would also be nice to trun on the side and rear docking lights remotely. Instead of getting out of truck, fumbling up the stairs in the dark, unlocking the door by feel alone, finding the pannel and correct switches by brail / trial and error. I love the remote ideia, just use it as an addition. Don't take away the control panel that is already there.