Lost camper keys

phix

We went to the beach today. Went back to the camper, but my keys decided to stay at the beach. Does anyone know how I can get them replaced? We still have my husband's set, can we just go to camping world and get another set made or do I have to order from Heartland?

pegmikef

I just go to my local lock smith key shop and have spares made. They have the blanks. I am thinking a lot of the hardware stores and other places like Home Depot probably don't have a lot of blanks. A key shop or kiosk dedicated to making keys probably will have them.

porthole

Retired
We keep extras too, spare truck key in the trailer, spare trailer key in the truck.

But all of our key rings have at least one food store rewards tag attached - the ones that say "postage guaranteed" drop in any mailbox.

Don't know if it would really work, but it is a little piece of mind.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am thinking about having a couple of spares made also. Use the spares and keep the originals in a safe place. That way if they are lost it is not a problem, just another trip to the key shop. And some cold hard cash too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A good locksmith shop (not Ace or Walmart's) should be able to duplicate your remaining key. We lost one of ours, so I had four copies made of the one I still had.

Birchwood

If you have Good Sam roadside assistance or something similar they will handle the inconvenience.
We have always had a spare stashed on the RV somewhere and sure a professional thief will find it in five
minutes but thats what we do.

jimtoo

I also have extra keys stashed. If you know a Realtor, (house sales person), you might be able to talk them out of one of the lock boxes they use to put keys in and lock around the door knob or handle. They are available pretty cheap on the net. I have extra camper, storage door and truck keys in one and it is attached to my hitch in the truck bed through one of the extra bolt holes and just hangs there. I don't think I have ever even had someone ask about the lock box hanging on the hitch.

Jim M

wino2

You can also purchase a keyless entry with a remote for your RV go to rvlock.com, we had one on our previous trailer and really liked it.