My first earthquake

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Who knew you had to go to Connecticut to feel an earthquake. Evidently the center was about 200 miles up the coast in Maine. I was standing in the tail end of the rig (normally the bounciest part in our unit) and I really felt it. Eric and I thought the dog was scratching at first because we can usually feel a little jostle when he does that. But he was dead asleep, didn't move a muscle.

Eric went out and looked around. Was really windy today but the night is still now.

Yay for RVs handling like a champ in a little earthquake. I guess since they're made to bounce down the road they handle extra well when the ground starts shaking. The only thing that got jostled was me. :)

Is everyone else okay?

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
And for everyone who's in on our "rolling earthquake" joke regarding the fish... They're doing fine. They didn't even notice. (They're still asleep.)

TXTiger

I live in So Calif. Earthquakes are nothing!!!!! They are few and far between, over in seconds, and rarely do any damage. Tornado and hurricane are scary. They happen several times every year, almost always do damage and also can result in a few deaths.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
4.6 magnitude. Epicenter was about 20 miles from Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Our first camping earthquake was last year, day before being evacuated from the campground from the doom and gloom of the impending hurricane (didn't happen)

Rolling earthquakes - probably the best place to be as long as nothing can fall on you.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
And for everyone who's in on our "rolling earthquake" joke regarding the fish... They're doing fine. They didn't even notice. (They're still asleep.)

Awesome that Ben and Jerry were undisturbed during the quake! They could have had a sunami! They got lucky.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2