Noisy exhaust fan on Frigidaire Microwave/Convection Oven

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
We have a 2013 BH 3670 with a Frigidaire microwave/convection oven. When we use the lower left hand button for the exhaust, sometimes (but not always) the hi and lo has this horrible vibration sound that sometimes stays going, sometimes settles and leaves. When using the microwave or convection oven, the exhaust fan doesn't have that at all.

Anyone else have that problem? Any thoughts on a solution?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ours used to vibrate. For me, it was the vent flap on the outside that fluttered.
I solved the problem by adding two little rubber bumpers on the outside of that flap.
These are the small clear stick on bumpers used on cabinet doors for quieter closing.
They can be found at any home building center.

Peace
Dave

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Ours used to vibrate. For me, it was the vent flap on the outside that fluttered.

Thanks for your reply, Dave. This seems like it's in the top of the unit. Screws are just barely visible behind the cabinetry.

Checked outside for the flap, even tapped on the side of the rig hoping to shake something tight. That wasn't the problem. Love your idea, though.

jbchalk

We have a 2013 BH 3670 with a Frigidaire microwave/convection oven. When we use the lower left hand button for the exhaust, sometimes (but not always) the hi and lo has this horrible vibration sound that sometimes stays going, sometimes settles and leaves. When using the microwave or convection oven, the exhaust fan doesn't have that at all.

Anyone else have that problem? Any thoughts on a solution?

I removed the Micro/convection from the cabinet and found the the fan had worn through the plastic housing(the fan housing was warped).
This is clearly a manufacturing defect.

MTPockets

Ours is doing that too..... haven't been able to see the problem but will remove the unit and see if we have that housing issue too..... We're probably out of warranty - 16 months - thanks for the post.