Our First Mod

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Since we will be full-timers by next spring, and must sell off everything, we didn't really relish the idea of selling our relatively new Toshiba 27" LCD TV at a yard sale price. This weekend we took out the OEM Toshiba TV in the bedroom and replaced it with our Toshiba. We used 1/4" plywood (sanded & painted), as support for the articulating mount, both inside the TV compartment and inside the closet, then installed the unused recliner straps to keep it in place while traveling. We wanted to be sure that the bolts would be long enough to go through both of the walls and the dead space in between. Well, we certainly accomplished that, but then Don needed someplace to hang a couple more hats anyway!;)

Attachments

• MR Mod-01 002.jpg
    MR Mod-01 002.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 92
  • MR Mod-01 003.jpg
    MR Mod-01 003.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 86
  • MR Mod-01 005.jpg
    MR Mod-01 005.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 64
  • MR Mod-01.jpg
    MR Mod-01.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
K

Ken Washington

Hi Don,
That really looks nice! You did a real good job!

Ken

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Actually that was our second mod, forgot about the security system that we had installed the week after bringing it home. The system was installed in the utility closet just inside the door, transmits via a cellular signal and sends a text message to both of our cell phones if the front door or any of the three main storage compartment doors is opened (along with an ear splitting piezo siren incorporated in the panel).

Attachments

• MR Mod-01 006.jpg
    MR Mod-01 006.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Goldenwingers said:
Actually that was our second mod, forgot about the security system that we had installed the week after bringing it home. The system was installed in the utility closet just inside the door, transmits via a cellular signal and sends a text message to both of our cell phones if the front door or any of the three main storage compartment doors is opened (along with an ear splitting piezo siren incorporated in the panel).

Both mods look great... can you give me a little more information on the brand/type of security system you installed as this is something I will be very possibly be doing when we hit the road fulltime..

Thanks..

r4man2

Goldenwingers said:
The system was installed in the utility closet just inside the door, transmits via a cellular signal and sends a text message to both of our cell phones if the front door or any of the three main storage compartment doors is opened (along with an ear splitting piezo siren incorporated in the panel).

DW and I go full-time in Nov 1! We would be interested in details of SS. Talked to a security system man who told me that I was wasting my time unless I did the windows. Then he told me that most RV systems are defeated by disconnecting AC and then coming back in a few minutes to an unalarmed trailer. I really like idea the cellular notification although nothing would ruin a fishing trip quicker than an alarm that it would take a couple of hours to respond to.

Wish that we didn't need to think about things like this.

Cooper

I would be interested in the security system to because during the day I am a long way from the rv.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
The security system is an Ademco Lynxr-i with a built in wireless receiver and the cellular communicator is an Uplink DigiCell AnyNet (as indicated it uses any cellular network). We have wireless transmiters on the three large storage compartment doors and the entry door. As for the windows, we're gambling that they won't come in that way. Now if we were to put our coach in storage that might be a possibility, but since we'll be full-timing and usually an a populated campground we felt that the storage area was the most vulnerable. You could also have a wireless interior motion detector, but we opted against that because of our 65# Standard Poodle.

Here is a link to the data sheet of the Lynx system that we have. http://library.ademconet.com/MWT/fs1/1/641.pdf We have a solar system with a 3000 watt inverter though, and have the alarm connected to 120 so that it should almost never be without power. The system actually has a built in communicator, but we went with the Uplink communicator because we could get free monitoring that way. I'm the office manager for an alarm company so I can work a few inside deals. We got the equipment at cost and the the techs labor was free to me.

I've attached another photo that shows the full set up. An AC outlet had to be added and the beige can at the bottom holds a 12v 7ah battery and charger.

Hope this is some help to you all. There are several systems out there that will work in an RV, but this one fit our needs the best. If you'd like links to any of the other options just PM or e-mail us.

Attachments

• MR Mod-01 007.jpg
    MR Mod-01 007.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 27

bowtorc

2008 mt. rushmore

HEH GUYS! WHERE DID YOU GET THE 2008 MT. RUSHMORE? WE HAVE AN '05 AND WERE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE ANYMORE. HAPPY TRAILS!!:rolleyes:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We got lucky finding our '08. When we heard about the pending changes in the Landmark we took a tidy loss on our Play-Mor to get it sold in hopes of finding an '07 Mr. Rushmore. We contacted RV's For Less, who in turn contacted Coley Brady and he began to look at what they had delivered to dealers that wasn't yet sold. At the same time we started a thorough internet search. Coley and us found the same unit on the same day, in TX, and it just happened to be an '08.:D Coley had it picked up from TX and brought back to the factory where we had Dual Pane Windows, Disc Brakes, etc. added. Then it was shipped to RV's For Less for our purchase. Yep, we got lucky!

jbeletti

Hey Roger and Deb, I know where a sharp looking 2007 Landmark Mt. Rushmore is sitting. Maybe it's an '08 - not sure.

Anyway, Gary Davis at Hartland RV Outlet in Elkhart recently took it in on trade. PM or email if you are interested in the price - it's an awesome value if they still have it left. I know it has 2 ACs and a dome dish but no island. I have not seen the inside but looks nice from the outside.

Jim

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Goldenwingers said:
Bill & Jennifer, just noticed where you live. We're just up the road a piece, in Montgomery.

Well howdy neighbors... we are hoping to get up to Montgomery next weekend to look at an Augusta that Don from Heartland steered us onto at Ingram RVs... we can't purchase yet as retirement is still a cpl of years off (plus we are going to have to order one to get what we want and will probably go with RVs for Less from what we have been reading here), but we want to see one in person.

And thanks for the good info on the security system (and we signed your guest book)...

FLSTS03

GypsyBill,
We are from Montgomery and have been looking at the same Augusta,small world. I'm tossing around spending the extra 9 grand when the 3670rl is the identical floorplan. The Landmark is a handsome unit just not sure if it is worth an extra 9K(think of all the goodies you can get for 9K). Surprised I have not ran across Goldenwingers before as my wife and have/selling a -03 Harley Heritage Springer. Steve

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Steve,

The folks at Ingram's said some other folks were looking at the Augusta as well. We kinda thought the same thing about the price difference.. but when time comes to do the actual ordering (and knowing me probably before then) I will find out just what you get for the 9k difference.. a quick glance it looks like a lot of what is optional in the 3670 is standard in the Augusta... but I haven't really put a pencil to it seriously yet...

We sold our 1990 FLTC a cpl of years back (still in the family as I sold it to my "brother"). I had it since new (80k miles on it) but it was sitting in the garage more than on the road..(health reasons).. kinda weird feeling at times since I started riding at age 14 and have never been without some kinda motorized 2 wheeler until now...