Tapatalk for the iPad

danemayer

I recently got an iPad and having used Tapatalk on my android phone, I immediately installed it on the iPad. They even had a free iPad version which worked very well. I noticed they also had a $4.99 iPad version. I went ahead and bought the paid version - in part because when a developer provides a great piece of software, I want to support their efforts and help keep them working on upgrades.

The paid version is outstanding. The user interface is offers a vastly improved screen layout that avoids all the back and forth that I had to go through on the laptop, or on the android phone. It's suddenly effortless to read 30 or 40 updated threads. Reviewing the next thread is a single finger touch. Reviewing older posts in a thread is a single finger swipe.

If you have an iPad, I heartily recommend the paid version. It's definitely worth $4.99.

For Android tablets, there's a Beta version, so I'd expect a similar offering shortly.

porthole

Retired
On my iPhone I will use tapatalk for browsing, on the iPad I mostly use safari. But that is using an iPad 3, maybe that is a difference. When I do use tapatalk on the iPad on I am using the HD version.

When using the iPad and I want to add a photo I then will switch to Tapatalk.

One of the neat benefits to the apple stuff is cross device usage. Downloading tapatalk (or any app) on my iPad has it pop up on my iPhone or iPod touch automatically.