Spray Port Quick Coupling Adapter and Support Document

jbeletti

Thread hijack alert!

UR,

Thanks for that link! Mark Comer and I were lamenting the other day about how hard the Spray Port quick connectors can become after a year of use.

For my next unit, I was planning as a project, to replace what comes OEM with a standard hose thread outlet. But with this gem of a find (image below), we can still use the OEM spray port and adapt to hose thread and use a standard coiled hose with a male hose connector on it.

I emailed the manufacturer today to ask them to consider making a coiled hose with female and male hose ends. I know you can get this at garden centers.

Okay, thread hijack over. I may end up moving this post later.

Thanks again for the link. Yet another online store to spend money at :eek:

Jim

connector.jpg

(product link)

jbeletti

Support Document for Spray-Away and Spray-Port

Hi all,

In corresponding with the manufacturer of the Spray-Away and Spray-Port products that are used on most Heartland products, about some difficulties with the quick coupling after the brass tarnishes, they sent me a new support document that is about to go up on their website. They gave me permission to post it on the forum so please see the attached, if you are having trouble connecting and disconnecting your quick-coupling Spray-Away / Spray-Port.

Jim

Attachments

• SA_Service_Bulletin.pdf
    246.4 KB · Views: 99

Uncle Rog

Jim, it is amazing how we find this stuff. I searched for the operating vents for several weeks before finding the DWI site, low and behold they had all, or at least most of, the misc "stuff" that I was looking for and could not find anywhere......

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Jim you should have posted the issue sooner. I ordered one of these connectors about two years ago. If I remember, they also have a coil hose with real hose connections. I have been using the new type shown. You can get a much better handle on the fitting to connect and disconnect. The original one is in the tool box and I never use it. You will like this coupling, you can connect without getting all wet. This past weekend, where I was camping the water along the road was far away. I ran out of hose, until I remembered that my coil hose had real ends. I just connected the coil hose and I was good to go! Saved the weekend without water, because I was not going to couple up and move the camper. It was too HOT.