Question on slide seals.

Bought our 2011 Greystone (5SFG3624BE220954) on May 1st from Camping World in Bartow, FL.:) A month of so after the purchase we noticed the seals over each slide had pulled apart and were very sticky. Almost looked like they had melted. We have been trying to order these seals from some local RV services without any results.:( We contacted Houlton Power Sports located in Northern Maine and asked about them, they in turn have sent an e-mail to Heartland. Several weeks have passed without any results again.:confused: My question to the factory is: Where can I order these parts and get them replaced?

We are located in Addison, Maine, the nearest dealer is in Houlton, Maine about 120 miles north of our location.

Your response is greatly appreciated.:D

Lee W. Grant
69 West Side Rd
Addison, Maine 04606

jimtoo

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest that on Monday, call the Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032, yourself. Have your VIN when you call. They can help you probably faster and better. Also if your a member of the Heartland Owners Club you will receive a discount on parts.

Enjoy the forum and your Greystone

Jim M

olcoon

We had a slide issue with our Elk Ridge & the factory fixed it at the Gillette. One of the things the tech told me was to take an old sock put some talcum powder in it, tie it off, then wipe the seal on both sides. He had noticed marks on the slide & said they were caused by the seal sticking & that should help it.

alanfred

Roy,

Forget the talcum powder, use this: SIL-GLYDE. It is excellent for this application. Non-petroleum product. I use it on many things, including O-rings on sewer valves, my truck door seals. I swear by this stuff. It looks like this:

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22975&d=1359338572&thumb=1

ihsolutions

Heartland should be able to get you the exact slide seals you need.

It sounds like someone used the wrong product on your seals, the "melting" you describe is exactly what would happen if an agent began attacking the seal material.

The guy from the seal company, at the 2011 National Rally, went on and on about the fact that you need to apply nothing to the slide seals, ever. I still use 303, because it's safe and seems to keep the seals from drying out.

poprtee

Is there a problems with the slide seals melting and deteriorating? I have a 2011 Big Country and the kitchen slide seal has melted. Is the the factory fault or what and if factory will they replace or is it just my baby, also if mine where do I get the right one.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Melted?? I would like to see a picture of that.
Have you used any type of cleaning solvent on the seal?
Are you talking about the black rubber wipes that contact the side of the slide? Or the gray plastic type that slide into a track on the trim strips?

Peace
Dave

poprtee

tried to post pics maybe show up later just happen to one slide, and no I didn't apply anything to seal and it's the top seal on slide.