Cracked window by the kitchen counter

Garr

We discovered the bottom of this little window had cracked and needed to be replaced. This was in late May or early June when we found it. This was never opened and still is not we took it to the dealer and as of this day still waiting for a replacement.The dealer is telling me the trouble is with the supplier (Heartland) .We will be leaving to go south late December and still no results not good. This is October 20/20012 Anyone else have these type of problems?

danemayer

Hi Garr,

On Monday morning, call Heartland yourself. Customer Service can be reached at 877-262-8032 or 574-262-8030. Have your Vin# ready and they'll be able to tell you what's going on. Most parts orders from Heartland take a week or two. If they have to go out to their supplier, it may take a week longer. There are some parts, like cabinet doors, that are made to order and take the longest.

As long as you've had to wait, it sounds like there's been a breakdown somewhere in the parts order process. I would have expected my dealer to follow up on the parts order and have a more definitive answer.

Once you make direct contact, I'm sure Heartland can help with quick turnaround on the part.

GOTTOYS

It may not be in stock. I ordered some window parts and it took awhile to get them. They came from the window manufacturer not Heartland. I would call Heartland Customer Service and they should be able to tell you if it really was ordered and what the status is..Don

Garr

We discovered the bottom of this little window had cracked and needed to be replaced. This was in late May or early June when we found it. This was never opened and still is not we took it to the dealer and as of this day still waiting for a replacement.The dealer is telling me the trouble is with the supplier (Heartland) .We will be leaving to go south late December and still no results not good. This is October 20/20012 Anyone else have these type of problems?

November 16/2012 Well you were right Heartland had not heard of our claim so I contacted the dealer again and told them well they gave me a cock and bull stories about a probable loss (when I had seen them a number of times) not a reliable dealer at all. Well they called me today and told me they had a quote which surprised me as they had led me to believe it would be covered under warranty. Alas they informed me no warranty after all this hassle I was ****ed and told them I would not be a very good advertisement for them among other things. So we will go to Florida and I will tape the window and come next spring I will endeavor to get a local window man to see if he can get me the replacement glass an I will repair it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Garr, did you ask HL about the warrenty or just take your dealers word for it. I would call HL back and ask them. If you do end up having to pay for it.....have HL send you the whole window assembly. You can put it in yourself. It is not hard to do.