Hyper Diesel Electronic Break

dbarnard

We just finished our first 2 week trip in our 08 3055RL. We love the 3055 and found nothing wrong so no trips back to the dealer yet. The main problem is slowing this thing down on steep hills. We have a 1999 F250 7.3, air bags and an Edge chip. Does anyone use or know anything about Hyper Diesels Hyper Brake electronic breaking system or any other electronic breaking system for that matter? I have got to install something before our next outing. Thanks!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Are you talking about exhaust brake? If so a number of company make kits to install in the exhaust system. Pac Brake is one of the company's. Your camper brakes should be doing some of the braking, It sounds like you should have the camper brakes checked to ensure they are working correctly. A lot of the time the brakes are way out of adjustment when they are new.

Niles

We had to take our 3670 back to have the brakes adjusted, they were no way near right. Of course a exhaust brake is great to have anyway.:)

SmokeyBare

Yep, I agree.... Adjust the brakes.... they are new.

The Transmission retarder helps with the Duramax... Some...

5erWonk

I'm towing the 3055 with a Dodge Ram 2500 and have no big problems with slowing the thing down on 7% grades. Sure would like to have an exhaust brake installed however.

What happens on flat ground when you activate the trailer brake only from the controller? If adjusted properly it should pretty much lock up the the trailer brakes when movong at 20mph.

timk

Bob,
We're about 23k combined, our Pac Brake will hold us on a 7% locked in 2nd at about 40 or so, with no conventional braking at all.
TimK