Larger oven

robnmo

Curious as to why Heartland continues to put that 16 inch oven in the Cyclones. We noticed that another very popular toyhauler has upgraded to the 22" oven. We purchased a new 22" sealed burner range/oven from camping world at 50% off and installed it in less than 3 hrs, and didn't have to change the depth of the bottom drawer, or move drawer slides. We simply had to lower the existing oven framing, remove and lower the drawer front, relocate the safety drawer latch, bingo bango done, and now have an oven large enough to actually cook and bake in...........got a happy Mrs camper now. I think Heartland is dropping the ball not moving up to the deeper stove/oven like a competitor has done.

rene_terry

Couldn't find referenced range/oven at CW website. Did you go to brick/mortar store or order online? I've been considering a convection microwave due to same size issues, but would rather have conventional oven. Glad to hear someone found a solution to the thimble-sized oven in the Cyclones. Love our rig but hate that stove.

robnmo

Couldn't find referenced range/oven at CW website. Did you go to brick/mortar store or order online? I've been considering a convection microwave due to same size issues, but would rather have conventional oven. Glad to hear someone found a solution to the thimble-sized oven in the Cyclones. Love our rig but hate that stove.

Terry, we've hit Camping World after camping world, passed up an oven when in TX, but the Camping world in Ft Myers (current location) had 2 on closeout for 50% off plus 10.00 off additional for no owners manual (like we need an owners manual), anyway total cost was 269.00 for the Amana 22" sealed burner range/oven. I think Camping World is discontinuing that line of oven, I found it on the Boise store website, but says no longer available online to contact the store. Here's the model number of it. ALY2280BDB12, I see the Sears parts store carry's all the parts for it, maybe call Sears? Not really sure. If you find one, and want some step by step on changing it let me know, pretty simple it's held in with 4 screws accessed by lifting the top burner plate, unhook the gas line and it lifts right out, the Amana was a perfect fit other than lowering the bottom framing about 6 inches.

robnmo

Terry, here's a couple pictures of what the outcome was. The only change "cosmetically" was the trim board between the bottom drawer and oven (that's basically invisible anyway) is I had it cut down to 1 and 3/4 inch, and we removed the drawer front from the drawer (stapled on) and moved it down lower on the drawer (closer to the floor). The oven fit perfect as for width and the cover off the 16" works perfect on the 22". A match made in heaven........and now my wife is happy she can actually fix a small/med size turkey this Thanksgiving in "our house" instead of going to the kids place. Turkey and dressing and homemade bread, in the campground at Hurlburt AFB this year. ;)

Attachments

• Cyclone Oven 001.JPG
    Cyclone Oven 001.JPG
    537.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Cyclone Oven 002.JPG
    Cyclone Oven 002.JPG
    528.5 KB · Views: 108

Crumgater

This has been on our To-Do list since we bought the unit. That 16" oven is way TOO SMALL!

We use the oven more than the microwave by far, as we're often not plugged in to anything but our little 2kW generator.

TXTiger

I am a single bachelor. I didn't know that my Cyclone had a stove, lol lol lol. I use my BBQ or the microwave to cook. The oven is for storage!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The OEM oven on our rig hasn't seen heat or daylight since we tested it back in 2009. I'm thinking of using it as a hiding place for the wife's birthday gifts. Stove top, micro/half-time, and BBQ are all we use all summer. Those and a credit card at local restaurants (when I don't want to cook).