No Heartland dealer in LA

I have been very impressed with the one Heartland Cyclone I have seen. My question is, if I travel away to pick one up and bring back to Baton Rouge, how will Heartland handle warranty issues? I am very uneasy about buying a new trailer with no local dealer.

We had a local dealer for a short time here in BR, but I was told they dropped Heartland because of trouble supporting warranty work. What's your story? Any plans for a new local Cyclone dealer?

Thanks,
OB

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I feel your pain as I am in Lake Charles but I have found a great dealer up in Kirbyville TX and the Camping World out in Houston also caries them as well as a dealer up near Conroe, TX. I also have a great shop here locally to do work if I need it and from what I hear, Heartland will usually step up to the plate on issues such as that. Only problem I would have is my local repair shop always has a lot of work in front of them but c'est la vie!!;)

Princess Kathleen

We were from Crowley LA, and I used the dealership in Knoxville, TN...RVs for Less.

We have had not had any problem finding a dealership to work on our unit. Lafayette, LA has Foreman's on I 49 N; Walker LA Family RV; Hammond LA Mitchell's. You just need to call customer service in Elkhart and they will direct you to the nearest repair place that works on Heartland products.

PK

LSPTpr

La. Dealer in Hammond

Hello, I bought my bighorn in covington from a dealer I wouldn't recommend. BUT, Kent Mitchell in Hammond, La. on I-55 is now dealing the Heartland products. They took over the warranty issues on mine and even though I didn't buy it there they have been fantastic as fas as service has been. I have had to take it twice for warranty and a couple of stupid things I did to it. Each time it was a quick turnaround and they always called to say it was ready before the date they promised it. Although I wouldn't recommend the dealer I got mine from, I would recommend Kent Mitchell to anyone as far as service is.

Scott

If you get a chance, read through the forums on this issue and you will find all kinds of owner and factory input. We will work with any of our owners to find a place for them to get warranty work done, even if it is not a Heartland dealer. It is not always possible, or practical, and there are a lot of dealers who will put you at the back of their list in terms of time. The BEST case scenario is always to have service work done at your purchasing dealer - for both timely and the best caring service (other shops will always take care of their own customers first). Something else you should know, we do our best to get as many dealers out there as possible, but that is not always practical, especially in a state such as LA where you have one of the most ridiculous retail laws on record. Your law basically states that any given dealer, may at any given time, decide that they do not want to be a dealer any more. At that point, the manufacturer is required by LA law to repurchase the coaches at full price, up to three years old. In the case of the BR dealer, another manufacturer basically wooed them away from Heartland and we were forced to pick up coaches that were older and not kept up well by the dealer. Honestly, this is a big reason why the number of RV manufacturers who choose to do business in the state of LA is shrinking every year. The dealers down there basically have no risk or exposure in doing business. It is very different from other states where the dealers are typically form long-term relationships with their manufacturers and are much more motivated to sell products and keep them up on their lots.
That being said, if you do decide to purchase from Heartland, you are OUR customer and we will always work with you to get you handled.
ST

Scott,

Thanks for the honest and up front reply. Sounds like there are no near-term plans for Louisiana. It's a tough decision when most advice says buy local. I'll be thinking about it.

Thanks
Dave

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Dave, you must certainly do what is best for you. But on the other side, our Landmark was our 2nd 5ver purchase and our 2nd out of state purchase. So far we have never had a problem that necessitated our return to our selling dealer. Any problems have either been small enough to be self repairs or the manufacturer has worked with a local shop to get our warranty issues taken care of.

Scott

For the record, we DO have Louisiana Dealers and are continuing to sign up new ones. Keep an eye on our Dealer Locator on our web site. And feel free to call in and talk to our Cyclone Division sales team about who they have in your area and who they are working on signing up.
ST