ATF: Landmark - Ladder

First we love our 2012 Landmark & hope to use it more when we both retire in June 2013. I will be 68 in two weeks and weigh 225lbs. Te ladder concerns we very much. The plastic on two steps have cracked in the last two times going up to put on my new cover. I'm wondering if you have a more heavy duty ladder that would be more secure. I actually get around very well for my age and want to continue too. Thank you so much I wil,l be waiting for your solution.

jimtoo

Hi peacekeeperjll,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032, have your VIN handy and talk to someone directly.

Enjoy the forum and your Landmark.

Jim M

MTPockets

Your concerns are exactly mine.... my ladder sags everytime I'm on it. The sticker says 300 lbs capacity and I'm 225 and don't feel safe. I had to replace two of the plastic step ends which Heartland sent N/C as I was still under warranty. I have not installed them yet, but last week I ordered 4 (two pair) of the standoffs ($55.00) which will give additional support.

I've looked around on the internet and can't find anything that looks any better.

GOTTOYS

I put a support under the bottom of mine when it gets used. Last time I used a metal folding chair with a couple wooden blocks to get it to the right height. Took all the flexing out of the supports while climbing up...Don