Replacement roof vent covers

trotorx2

My 2011 3010 Cyclone roof vent covers in the bathroom and bedroom have already rotted and blew off on a trip last weekend. Who makes a vent cover that will hold up to the elements? Also are they 14x14 with one hinge?

Thanks

danemayer

Hi trotorx2,

You can probably get new covers at most RV dealer parts counters. They're commonly replaced due to cracking after contact with low hanging tree branches. I don't think I've heard of covers rotting from exposure to the elements. Any chance that trees in your neighborhood need a trim before you take your new covers home?

jnbhobe

I have never ruined1 by hitting something it's always been the UV rays that have distroyed them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pegmikef

There is a couple of different covers that look pretty similar, but only one will fit so look closely when you buy one. I took one with me to the rv shop when I bought mine . . . around twenty bucks if I recall correctly.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I recommend putting the Maxair or similar covers on over your replacements. They hold up to
UV much better and will also allow you to have the vents open during rain or when underway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caissiel

My Exlir vents deteriorated completly, they turned black and became very brittle. The replacement I have installed look to be much better.
On the previous trailer they lasted 15 years, and I have no use for maxair.

John T Bettencourt

On my 2009 Landmark the covers were deterating and I replaced them with dark smoked ones. They will stand up better to the suns uv. They still let plenty of sun lite in.

trotorx2

The vents were closed while stored and when towing. No trees along the route I take. This was more likely uv damage as it happened on my previous trailer also. It stays in an RV storage place out in the elements as I can't keep it at home. The replacements are all the same? So I guess I'll be changing these every year or so?

trotorx2

I see there metal covers. I will see if they make one to fit my trailer. Plastic just doesn't last long here in SE Texas it seems.

jimtoo

I see there metal covers. I will see if they make one to fit my trailer. Plastic just doesn't last long here in SE Texas it seems.

Well,,, if you didn't live so close to Louisiana where all that crawfish gumbo and shrimp gumbo was made they might last longer. Them fumes just get in the air and settle down on your 5er.... awww mannn.. I can just taste a big ole bowl of that gumbo now... gonna havta get over to Breaux Bridge or New Iberia or Abbeville,,,, or maybe even Kender... and get some of that good gumbo.

Jim M

jdfishing

The sun tore mine up in 4 years, with a maxair cover. I saw one at Camping World with a "lifetime" guarantee for about $30. NOTE: All of the hinges are not the same.

Bobby A

Does anyone know the part number for the replacement covers, I know there are at least 3 different styles, gotta change out mine today and figured someone will have the part number for the ones needed for a 2010 Bighorn. Thanks,

RanCarr

My 2011 3010 Cyclone roof vent covers in the bathroom and bedroom have already rotted and blew off on a trip last weekend. Who makes a vent cover that will hold up to the elements? Also are they 14x14 with one hinge?

Thanks

We've always used those Maxxaire (sp?) covers from Camping World. They work great and last. No hinges. We close them when on the road.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
None of the factory installed vent covers will withstand continuous UV sun. Almost any RV dealer, camping supply store will have replacement vents (I'm sure CAMCO makes one) - they are a pretty standard size. After getting the replacement vent covers on, be sure to install the MAXXAIR or similar brand cover over those. You can often find them on sale for around $30 and they are definitely worth it.