Wanna buy 2010 XLT 305 ES but...

I've been looking at Heartland 5th wheels for a while and they seem to be praised very highly. Been looking for 265 xlt but none are in my neck of the woods. Found 2010 XLT 305ES but info on this model seems sketchy and it is not even listed in NADA. This unit is used but in excellent shape. I like the floor plan but a little scared of the 7800 dry Wt. I want to pull with 2011 F150 Ecoboost 4x4 w/ 6.5 ft bed. Anybody know about this model.....good bad or ugly????? We are downsizing from 40 ft diesel Bluebird Motorhome.

danemayer

Hi newbirdman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Hopefully we have some Sundance 305ES owners who are active on the forum so you can get some responses quickly.

On the weight issue, you might want to visit Fifth Wheel Safe Towing to figure out the answer. 7800 dry might be a lot to ask of a 150, but you need to look at the specs and work through the numbers.

GOTTOYS

I would take a serious look at the pin weight vs your trucks load carrying capacity. Add maybe 500-1,000# to the advertised empty pin weight and you should be about there. I personally wouldn't consider this with any 1/2 truck. JMHO..Don

Thanks Don,
I also have an 04 F250 diesel and have looked at specs for both. The F150 that I have is good for 11,300 and the F250 is just a little more at 12000. This trailer is 7800 dry wt with low pin wt of 1350. Ford specs are ok and others that are doing it with this model seem to be having great success. I like the gas vs diesel fuel cost and I haven't had great success with my 6.0 diesel in the 04 f250. Big question I think is not can it do it but how long will it last???? Nobody been running one of these setups long enough to know that! This model 5th wheel is a bit strange. I wonder if it is a special order model?? We'll go look at it tomorrow and see....pic look good but who knows.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our 29RE XLT weighed in at 8800lbs. That was loaded for basically weekend trips. Nothing in the tanks. It is probably over 9000lbs. We keep adding more stuff. Not sure of the pin weight, as it was not a concern with our tow set up. It does toe great.

Good luck and enjoy.