Painted my Sat Dish.

wildwolfproducts

Been meaning to try this for a long time. Got around to it today, was not hard and the next one will be even better. Sorry for the bad Pic its from my phone and was not in focus good.
Thinking about trying one like this later on with my air brushes. But with a Water fall or sky painted on it.
Pete
UTdish.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Painted my Sat Dish.

I have the DTV Slimline dish and I would really like to try to copy the Heartland Logo to the dish somehow. I'll have to wait till spring when we get back up north though. I don't want to be without TV for a day or so.:eek:

wildwolfproducts

Re: Painted my Sat Dish.

If your talking about the one at the top of the page, I would just get a Sticker made up of one then try that. But not sure if the signal would work with it though. Someone that's good with Air Brushes can knock that out in no time. Now someone like me it would take years. LOL
Pete

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Something else that works (and is a ton easier) are car magnets. Doesn't hurt the signal one bit.

Here's my dish with our Buckeye "O" logo on it.

2012-10-23 18.09.48.jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW Pete - that looks great. A friend gave us a dish cover for a single lnb but we have the slimdish so haven't been able to use it. Nice thought thou. Haven't thought about adding a magnet - might try that.

wdk450

WOW Pete - that looks great. A friend gave us a dish cover for a single lnb but we have the slimdish so haven't been able to use it. Nice thought thou. Haven't thought about adding a magnet - might try that.

I ran into unexpected snow in West Yellowstone Montana on Labor Day Weekend. I just threw a trash bag over my dish and LMBs - Worked fine! Things have to be metallic/conductive to affect the radio frequency signals.

wildwolfproducts

Something else that works (and is a ton easier) are car magnets. Doesn't hurt the signal one bit.

Here's my dish with our Buckeye "O" logo on it.

View attachment 21795

After three of those magnet backed stickers walked off. I painted this one. Not going to get the sticker may get the whole dish. :mad: Plus I can say I did it all by my self.:cool: Now to do one with Purdue on it, thinking about adding a train to it also. Boiler Up..
Also Stickers cost more then the paint job on this one. I had the Cheap HVLP sprayer from Harbor Friegnt and used $1.50 or paint. Time was used for fun, so cheap and good to go.

wildwolfproducts

Thanks want yours done next Sept?

Pete