They're Ordered, New Shoes for the trailer

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I finally pulled the trigger on the 17.5's for the 300C. No tire woes for me as far as overloading, speeding (75mph rated), or poor quality (Knock on Wood). Hopefully only danger they face is road hazard. I am very excited about this. Look forward to getting back on the road.

No TPMS, but baby steps. This was a $2000 hit that really hurt.

HiSpec 07 with the grey inlay
http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/site/1284278/product/0777865
Cooper RM160 215-75-17.5H 4805lbs Truck/Trailer Tire
http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Commercial/ROADMASTER-RM160.aspx

donr827

Need to get a TPMS system. They could be the best tire in the world but a nail and a slow leak will kill them.
Don

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
There are two tires at that link Matt, which ones did yo get? What pressure do they run at?

I am getting the smaller of the two, 215/75/17.5. The side walls are already stiff enough on a H-Rated. I did not want the stiffer of the two.

Air Pressure. Not sure if the max is 110psi or 125psi. Either way I am not sure if I will run the max psi. I will have to get a load chart on these tires and adjust from there.

jbeletti

Matt,

Be sure to have a wheel by wheel weight taken of your coach before using a load inflation chart method of inflation.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
What is yall's thought with the Doran TPMS system? I am toren between the built in Transmitter or the screw onto the valve stem Transmitter. Built in seems better, like nobody will steal them. But I like the connivence of screw onto the valve stem.

Doran is about the only system that comes with a decent monitor. I dont like the Tire Tracker or Tire Minder monitor. Looks like a 1990 1st Gen Keyless Entry Clicker.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm a fan of the TST system. Many of our forum members have this unit and there are several Doran units as well. The TST receiver is small and easy to find a mounting location. It also has temperature. Great customer service too. I have the 507 system with 4 monitors. Had it since 2010. I've had 2 sensors with issues and both were replaced without question.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
X3 on TST. Have not had the others, but have been very satisfied with the product. We ended up getting a repeater too, installed in the front compartment. I think it was needed due to interference, not distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
What is the Difference between the 507 and 510. Will I need the upgraded antenna or extender to use on my setup. F-350 to 300C

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the Doran and love it. Have had several sensor problem and they were replaced by Doran without charge even though the warranty was expired.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What is the Difference between the 507 and 510. Will I need the upgraded antenna or extender to use on my setup. F-350 to 300C

I believe the 507 has user replaceable batteries where the 510 does not.

I've replaced the batteries in mine, thinking that's why one sensor kept dropping... It wasn't the reason... that's when we decided we needed the repeater.

I would try without a repeater first, see if you have any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Matt, here is a LINK to TST's site. I know the 507 has sensors with replaceable batteries and the receiver runs off an internal battery and has a 12 plug in charger much like a cell phone. The batteries in the 507 sensors last almost 2 years.
The 510 I believe has non replaceable batteries and the sensors are supposed to last about 5 years.
I don't think you'll need the repeater antenna. I don't have one and have never lost the signal with our set up.

Bksvo

We have the 507 and love it. We do not have a repeater, and it works fine, but it does depend on where you want to install it. If I secure mine mid-dash or set it on top, it works fine. Lower and it will drop a signal every so often. It comes with a nice little stand, so I set it on top of the dash on a non-slip mat and it works great, and it's nicely in my view. I can easily take it down and toss it in the console when I'm not using it.

porthole

Retired
507, not only replaceable batteries but the ability to not use the anti theft caps. Makes it so much easier to use with DRW's

507 is also a slimmer, trimmer easier to mount display.

dougw

I emailed the tst people about some questions I had and never heard a peep back from them. I'm not saying good or bad but.

So far myself, I've been leaning towards the tst system myself.

good choice on the tires and wheels. So far so good for me.

doug