New 4012 Owner Questions

akers123

We hae had our new 4012 for alittle over a month now and LOVE IT. It feels like a condo at times instead of a camper!!

There are a few things I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on. Our dealer is great but they are over 4 hours away.

Sink - The drain is above the sink so the water doesn't go down the drain. Is anyone else's like this? Just looks like it wasn't lowered enough into the bowl.

Doors - The garage door and the bathroom door will not stay shut during transit. The bathroom door always opens and I am concerned with it just swinging away and hitting the control pannel but is noramlly ok once we park. The garage door on the other hand will open just with walking from the sofa to the kitchen. It is VERY annoying.

Thanks so much for any input anyone can give.

Uncle Rog

It is probably a very easy fix, mine was. All I did was shim out the strike plate a little with a match book cover and now the door will not open unless you turn the knob. If you trim the cardboard up a little you won't even know it is there............

jpmorgan37

Akers;

It sounds like the gasket is on the wrong side of the sink drain. Take the trap loose and remove the drain piece out of the sink. If the gasket is on top, remove it and put it underneath.

Hope this helps.

John

akers123

One More Question

You guys are great. THANKS

On the blank tank flush, when we hook the hose up to it and turn it on, watter sprays out around the connection and does not go into the tan. Then it blows the hose out of the threads. We have tried putting the gasket in and taking it out but that won't work.

Any ideas.

Thanks
Kristi

jbeletti

Kristi,

Sounds like the backflow preventer (check valve) is in backwards. You'll need to have your dealer (unless you want to tackle it) take it apart from the backside to rework it.

This is just my guess.

Jim

Reference: Swan Industries