Unhappy with Sundance Service

NPoirier

We bought our 1st 2008 5th wheel (Sundance 2900MK) in June 2007. Upon delivery we discovered a few things that needed to be replaced/fixed: Molding around kitchen/sink counter chipped, swivel chairs(both) torn. Which the dealer said they would order. Fine. However, after our second trip out we discovered that we had a leak in the basement under the shower unit and the DVD player/radio/surround sound would only play movies for about 1 hr then freeze up. You could not get it to fast forward. We tried different movies, they all did the same thing. We returned the camper to the dealer. They 1st said that the leak was from a drain. We felt differently, the shower walls were bowed out from the center to the bottom of the shower. You could push it in but it would pop out. We believed it was leaking from the bottom of the wall. So they called and said the shower was fixed (they fixed the drain), but they would have to order the DVD. The next time out with the camper we discovered the leak was not fixed. Return the camper to the dealer to have fixed, the dealer said they would have to call the Manufacturer. Later called us and said the camper was ready. They put caulking around the bottom of the shower walls. It still is leaking. But the dealer says he will have to call the manufacturer, which he was suppose to do in the beginning. It took us 2 months to get a new DVD. We picked it up this week, after hooking up the new DVD, this one doesn't work either. Can't get the DVD to open. We are very disappointed. Is there anyone that has had problems with warranty work from their dealer? Should be call the Manufacturer. I don't think I will refer Heartland to anyone. This was a major purchase for us. Our camping season is almost over and we still have problems with our new camper. I feel like we are getting a run-around!

Uncle Rog

It sounds like you dealer needs to be fired....I had a leak in the shower, the fix was to caulk / seal the tub access below the valves, done deal. I am sure that HL will find you a good shop to step in and solve your issues.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
We had several small problems with are 2900MK but between the Dealer and Heartland everything has been or will be fixed in the near future.

fishn2dmax

The DVD player that comes with Sundance is not worth the frustration and hassle of taking your trailer back and forth to the dealer for another replacement every few months. Save yourself some grief and go and buy a quality unit for less than $150 and you'll be much happier in the end.

The other issues ( leaks) should be resolved by your dealer. If your dealer isn't doing quality work, I would call Heartland and let them know. I fully understand your frustration as I too have had a few dealer related issues. Heartland did come through for me once they were made aware of the problems.

troybilt71

i also just bought a 2900mk, and on our first trip have had a few problems. i fixed some of the easy stuff, and after a couple of more trips i will take it back to the dealer for the more major stuff.

as far as the dvd being a piece of junk and just throw it out and go buy a new one. that is just crazy, the factory installed it and you paid for it. why in the world would you just throw money away. the factory is responsible for that kind of thing and if they need to make a change in what the install then i hope that they would.

i am not bashing you or the company here i just wanted to speak up about my opinion. i hope that when i finally do take mine in to get repaired that i can post up about what a great job they did.

amanda

We bought a new 2008 sundance 3200es in june. When we got it, it did not have the curtain over the kitchen window. I have been trying for 2 months to get the dealership to get me one and the last time i talked to the dealership they said they called heartland and left 4 messages and heartland would not return there call. Can anyone give me any advise on how to get a curtain.