Water filter/regulator

Kwalt

The first week we had our new Key Largo I add a whole house style pressure regulator and water filter. I mounted the regulator in the basement on the ODS just inside the hatch, with the filter just below it. I was able to come in and out of the mechanical area with the heating duct, this area made for a nice clean out of the way look. Also added a gauge so its easy to make adjustments. With this set up you get great flow compared to the small in-line regulators.

danemayer

Kwalt,

I'm assuming your KL has the Anderson Water Valve with a single water connection and a selector that directs water to city water, or fresh tank, or to the black tank flush. If you installed the regulator after the valve, the regulator is not protecting the fresh tank fill or the black tank flush.

dbbls59

Kwalt,

I'm assuming your KL has the Anderson Water Valve with a single water connection and a selector that directs water to city water, or fresh tank, or to the black tank flush. If you installed the regulator after the valve, the regulator is not protecting the fresh tank fill or the black tank flush.
The valve in my Big Country does not have the black tank flush on it. The Black Tank flush is a separate single hose connection. I can't imagine any valve would combine the black tank flush with a fresh water fill.

Kwalt

You are correct, but we very rarely if ever use our fresh water tank. If we did I don't think city line pressure would hurt, the PEX tubing is rated for it, I'm trying to protect the fixtures.