Retro Fit a 2010 Cyclone 3010 with patio fencing

Stinger381

Can you buy the fencing pieces from Heartland to upgrade a 3010 without the patio option. I am looking at possibly buying a "pre-owned" Cyclone but I want one with a patio to fence in the dog while camping. I like the 3010 but it looks a little short in the kitchen/living area but I think I can make it work for me as long as I can haul the Harley on trips with me and the family.

When I picked up the Sundance from the Dealer they just had a new Cyclone arrive and I fell in love with them right then. I should have refused to accept the Sundance and made a dea for the Cyclone instead. 3 years later and I'm still looking at those Cyclones and wondering .....

Tool958

From what I've read it has to be installed at the factory. It has to have a heavier duty ramp to support the weight. Some have retrofitted their own version, but don't know how well the ramps are holding up to the extra weight. I'd like to put one on ours, but I'm afraid it would overload it.

scottyb

I can't say this with all certainty, but the load capacity for my garage (3000 lb) far exceeds the maximum weigth capacity of the patio (1200 lb). I load a 4010 Trans 4x4 Mule in mine and there is a point where all 1740 lbs are on the ramp at the same time. The Cyclones w/o the patio should have a ramp that is sufficient to accommodate the load capacity of the garage, so it stands to reason that it should easily handle the same 1200 lbs. Seems like there would be a huge safety margin in their weight capacities.

Bksvo

I think the question comes down to is the door reinforced for the concentrated load from the cables supporting the 1200# when in the level position. I'm sure it would support 3000# for a short period when down on the ground.

scottyb

I think the question comes down to is the door reinforced for the concentrated load from the cables supporting the 1200# when in the level position. I'm sure it would support 3000# for a short period when down on the ground.

I'm thinking that's the reason a ramp designed to load a 2500 lb vehicle is only rated to support 1200 lbs.

Stinger381

Thanks .... I really don't think it would be a deal breaker if it didn't have the patio. I could probably do the patio cable thingy if it was just for the dog but I would have to have the gates so I don't think it would be worth doing. I think I will just go with the ramp and enjoy the Cyclone.