Genesis CD player problem

blacklabbob

Have a new BC 3650RL with the Genesis sound system. Everything seems to work except the CD player. When I insert a CD, the panel indicates "Loading", and then after about 3 seconds it ejects the disc. Every time, and I've tried it with 10 or more CDs. Instructions say to reset the factory settings press and hold "Mode" for 10 seconds until the unit shuts off, and then turn it "on" again. This has not helped. Anyone else have the same problem?

Noobie

Are you using "CD-R's" or factory CD's? Some players won't read CD-R's that could be your problem

Noobie

You could try pulling the unit out and reset by pulling the plug

Actually are you under warranty?

If so don't try anything and call heartland and ask them who can work on the system nearby

Sunset4k

Good morning!!! I have an issue with my brand new ER. It appears the Genisis 2.0 system does not support the TV!! The TV requires 3 color input cables and the Genises system only has one. None of our DVD, ply in color! Has anyone else had this trouble???
Diane

danemayer

Good morning!!! I have an issue with my brand new ER. It appears the Genisis 2.0 system does not support the TV!! The TV requires 3 color input cables and the Genises system only has one. None of our DVD, ply in color! Has anyone else had this trouble???
Diane
Diane, what is the Make/Model of the TV?

Sunset4k

Diane, what is the Make/Model of the TV?
Not sure the model # but it's a Toshiba Flarscreen. I have been in contact with Heartland and they are working on it. The Genesis 2.0 is not the newest version. I suspect they will upgrade it to the 3.0, which does have the 3 video color cables. I had the same issue at home. When I bought a new my Direct TV receiver had to be upgraded to the 3color cables

danemayer

Diane,

Here's a link to the Genesis 2.0 manual in the manuals section of the forum. The back panel diagram on page 28 of the pdf file shows it has standard Y/R/W AVI connectors for sending video and audio to matching connectors on the TV. Most TVs also have AVI inputs. However, they may also have Component connectors that look the same. Here's a link to a Toshiba Back Panel Diagram that shows both types. Video In 6 is called COMPOSITE, which is also known as AVI. Video In 7 is called Color Stream, which is also know as Component. The TV connections from the Genesis should be to Input 6 connectors on the Toshiba. And you'll probably have to set the menu on the TV to match.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Not sure the model # but it's a Toshiba Flarscreen. I have been in contact with Heartland and they are working on it. The Genesis 2.0 is not the newest version. I suspect they will upgrade it to the 3.0, which does have the 3 video color cables. I had the same issue at home. When I bought a new my Direct TV receiver had to be upgraded to the 3color cables

Most likely your Toshiba TV will support single cable (Composite) video using on of the 3 color (component) video inputs. You will need to also change a menu setting to tell the TV that the video is only using the single video cable input instead trying to use all three color cables. Toshiba has pretty good documentation on their TVs. Toshiba may refer to the component video as their Colorstream brand video. One of the three should be marked, Y, Connect your single video cable to this Y connection and then go into the menu and find the A/V Input Mode setting and change it to Video instead of the Colorstream HD mode.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I had this problem with the genesis 2.0 and toshiba tv. The yellow wire from the DVD plugs into the green hole on the tv. Go to the tv menu, then input. Where is says ColorStream, change to video. Our dvd's now play in color.

Sunset4k

Thanks Dan and everyone else! We followed your instructions and got it working!! Terry Hayes at Heartland was very nice and followed up as well. Getting ready to go join the owners club!!
Diane

Theresau

Helped me as well. So far under impressed -pretty antiquated UI for DVD player. Will hook up blu ray once I figure out how to access inputs.

Radio and speaker selection is nice.