I guess it's in my blood.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was looking through old travel albums of my grandparents'. Their first RVing adventures were documented with a "10 foot Cardinal". The soon upgraded to a 1972 Holiday Rambler, and they were on their way.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351226477.068520.jpg

The first rally I ever attended with them, was documented here.... I was 6.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351226281.372211.jpg

I looked at all the places they went, and friendships that grew ... for a little over 10 years they enjoyed the RV lifestyle and rallying with other RVers! We've been some of the same places, been to some great rallies, met some good folks... And I get the same feeling she expresses so well in those scrapbooks.

Thank you, Grandmother Ruby Lee and Papa Herbert, for passing the love of RVing to me.

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

I like to dig out my parents old photo album. Brings back a lot of memories from the 40s and 50s.
Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There are a few old family photo's around our house. I used to like looking through my Dad's Army/Air Force squadron books. My parents were never campers but used to rent cottages in fishing resorts in Northern IL. & WI. I began my camping in Boy Scouts and never quit. We have many fond memories of our family camping & fishing trips. Thanks for sharing Erika.

olcoon

I'm sure digging through that stuff brought back some fond memories of special people & spending time with them. I like taking strolls down memory lane. Wish my Grandparents & Mother were still around!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a wonderful documentation of a family RVing. Thanks for sharing.

scottyb

Man, that hits a special place in my heart. My grandparents had a 14' Cardinal. I travelled with them many times, as a kid. I remember the manual pump to draw water for the sink and the bunk over the dinette was my designated bed. It was really just two poles with canvas stretched across them.

VKTalley

I was looking through old travel albums of my grandparents'. Their first RVing adventures were documented with a "10 foot Cardinal". The soon upgraded to a 1972 Holiday Rambler, and they were on their way.

View attachment 21851

The first rally I ever attended with them, was documented here.... I was 6.

View attachment 21850

I looked at all the places they went, and friendships that grew ... for a little over 10 years they enjoyed the RV lifestyle and rallying with other RVers! We've been some of the same places, been to some great rallies, met some good folks... And I get the same feeling she expresses so well in those scrapbooks.

Thank you, Grandmother Ruby Lee and Papa Herbert, for passing the love of RVing to me.

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erika, What awesome memories you have of your grandparents! My husband's grandparents traveled in a 31' Airstream for a number of years. We inherited her numerous journals from their years of travel and my husband has been reading them off and on. He did travel with them some as a kid and now he is excited to be following in their footprints. We did meet them at an Aristream rally in Dayton, OH, to celebrate their wedding anniversary in the early 90's. Our two children fondly remember visiting their great-grandparents in their Airstream. My husband would agree with you on the love of RVing sharing from his grandparents.

Speedy

Erika, those are great artifacts! My grandparents did the same notes and such but no camping involved but reading the details is a blast. Think of it as 1950-60's blogging.