SOLVED: Furnace blows fuse

Our fifth wheel 25ps blows the fuse when we try to turn on the furnace. It did work for about 30 minutes but after that it blew a fuse. Replaced the fuse and it just blows it again. Any idea of what could be going on? We are 250 miles from a dealer. We purchased the camper new and this was the first time we used the furnace.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Prowler - Furnace blows fuse

Hi btoutdoors,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You do not have to take your unit to a dealer. But you must call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032, have your VIN, explain your problem and they may give you authorization to take it to a local repair shop. They may even have someone they have worked with before in your area that they could recommend.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi btoutdoors,

When the thermostat calls for the furnace to start, a relay applies power to the blower motor first. If the fuse blows immediately, you may have a shorted wire between the relay and the blower motor. The relay is sometimes located behind the air filter of the living room Air Conditioner, so you might want to look for the control box there. With shore power disconnected, you could look around for obvious wiring problems inside the control box. Maybe save yourself a trip.

I really appreciate all the info! A Heartland rep called me today after I posted this and we are troubleshooting the problem. I pulled the furnace cover and there are alot of metal shavings in there and a missing screw that holds the furnace in. I have power to the circuit board in the furnace but it still won't come on. It got dark on me so I will try agan tomorrow. I have to say that Heartland gets an AAAA+++ on costumer service! JD was very nice and knowledgeable. I am in hopes I can figure this out without taking it in for service. Thank You all again!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for coming back to let us know what the problem was.
Always good to have information.

Peace
Dave