SOLVED: Removing Genesis 2 Sound system

blacklabbob

My brand new Genesis 2 sound system installed in my 2013 BC 3650RL will not load CD's or DVR discs. The "load" indicator comes on, then 3 sec. later it ejects the disc. My dealer needs the unit to order a replacement, but I cannot get it out of the "built-in" location. I've removed the six screws in the mounting to the cabinet, but can only pull the unit out about 4 inches until it binds up on what I think are wires connected to the right side. Dealer is $60.00 away in fuel, so I would like to bring it in to them via automobile. Please advise on how to get the unit out of the compartment.

NOTICE, Success with factory help.

A very helpful fellow from the factory called me about the issue, and advised me to just pull firmly on the unit to remove it. There are cables plugged into the right side of the unit which hang it up. I gave it a yank, and it popped out without damaging the cables or connections, but the positive 12vdc feed wire, which was shorter than the other bunch, broke off at the fuse. Solved that problem by splicing in a longer feed wire.

Thank you to the factory for the prompt assistance.

Last edited:

Tanuki

Re: ATF: Big Country - Genesis 2 Sound system

I have a BC 2950 with the same sound system. Our entertainment center is in the center of the coach with the Genesis on the left side of the lower part. All of the wires are, indeed, plugged into the right side towards the rear of it. I wanted to plug in a digital audio cable from the TV so that I could use the surround sound speakers while watching TV (why it doesn't come prewired for this is beyond me!). I removed the drawer that is next to the Genesis (an slightly above). The cabinet below the drawer does not have a top. So, you can snake your arm up through the cabinet and over the side where the drawer guide is. Should give you access, although you will likely have to do some of the work "blind". Better figure out how to keep track of what wires go to which plug. Don't know why it was done this way; there is enough room behind the unit to have plug set up in the rear. Good luck.

Tanuki

Re: ATF: Big Country - Genesis 2 Sound system

Oh, oh. I just looked at the photos of the 3650. Your cabinetry is different. Unless you can find a way to remove the adjoining cabinet side, I don't see how you are going to get access. I sure wouldn't want to take a hole saw to brand new cabinets! You might try to contact this guy at Genesis and see if he can help:

Bob Fields
Vice President Sales & Marketing
Aridian Technology Company
"Makers of Genesis Technologies Entertainment Systems"
bfields@aridiantech.com
574-343-1165

​He sometimes monitors the forums, but probably only the electronics board, not ATF. Good luck.