Dometic 310 commode leaky issue

ParkIt

Looked through the pages and most aren't the 310 which is a bit different from the 210. Anyway, noticed a small pooling of water around the toilet base this morning, got a paper towel, wiped around the floor seal (small line of caulk factory) and it seemed to come back right away which makes no sense. Moved to the PEX coming in the unit to the bowl in the back and yep, wet and probably needs tightening. While the models may have changed a bit the problems don't though the 200 line seemed easier to replace parts on than the 300 line.

Thing is, I've never been impressed the way its plumbed inside. It looks a bit third rate for the bowl and bathroom considering everything else is very well done in the bathroom. Once home I'll have my son look at it, he will sigh, look at me and I'll have that "don't say anything just fix it" look on my face. It's handy to have a plumber in the family and even more handy Mom can still blackmail him into doing little stuff on the house and now our HL. If he comes up with something that works well, looks better and easy to do I'll post pictures with a write up.

As for the rest of the plumbing I took a good look on delivery after reading the forums and our unit seems to have been done right from the factory though I still need to remount the water pump to dampen the sound that, at least I expected it after reading they were annoying loud and what folks have done to correct that.

Give me a couple of weeks to update this with pictures and write up - I just know my son is not going to be happy with the factory set up and change it somehow to something a 5 year old can maintain ;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've always thought it would be nice to have a ball valve near the floor where the pex comes up from below. Are you sure it's the pex leakig at the crimped connection or could it be the connection that can be tightened by hand?

ParkIt

Not going to bother either way, headed home tomorrow and will have my son change it though the leak is from the crimp. Going to see if he can install a quarter turn to actually stop the water flow in that section if we want but he may come up with something nifty.