Repaired finally

bd2dabone

Taking an opportunity to tell Heartland, ExploreUsa RV in Boerne Tx (Jeff the GM and repair tech Robert D), and we can't forget Tredit Tire (Jennifer) for making the repairs to our Cyclone TH happen. It was with a bit of discontent up front due to misunderstandings however once we were all on the same page, things went extremely well. All repairs are first class looking and we are getting some Goodyear G614's to put on the TH. Hopefully we are all happy campers now and a bit wiser!
Thanks again
Steve Griffin

Dave49

Been following some tire threads on another forum and it seems the G 614's are starting to show some wear problems. May want to rethink the 614 buy and look into it a little further.

Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Been following some tire threads on another forum and it seems the G 614's are starting to show some wear problems. May want to rethink the 614 buy and look into it a little further.

Dave

Could be that there are now a higher percentage of users with G614's consequently more reports of failures. Our G614's are 4-1/2 years old with no issues so far. At 3 years I had the tires reversed on the rims due to some wear on the outer edge. They were balanced at install and at reversal. I think balancing might help extend the life and wear of the tire. Mine still look good.

bd2dabone

Wonder what tires are the latest and greatest this week? I thought g614's were supposed to be the cream of the crop with michelins xps ribs falling right next to them

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wonder what tires are the latest and greatest this week? I thought g614's were supposed to be the cream of the crop with michelins xps ribs falling right next to them

For what it's worth, my opinion is that the G614 is still the number one trailer tire in it's 16" size. The next step is probably moving up to 17.5" wheels & tires. I've not heard anything negative about the Michelin XPS either.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
For what it's worth, my opinion is that the G614 is still the number one trailer tire in it's 16" size. The next step is probably moving up to 17.5" wheels & tires. I've not heard anything negative about the Michelin XPS either.

Got to agree with you Ray.
On top of that, alignment is paramount! I know all the new HL products are now coming with correct track. Good decision on HL's part to include that. We opted for IS for alignment purposes.

Weight is a huge factor and as Ray pointed out-the next step is 17.5s if you are marginal on your tire capacity.