3010 Questions

Stinger381

OK .... The Sundance is in the shop now and being repaired for some extensive water damge that occurred over the summer. Long story - short version. The Sundance was parked all spring and summer as I took a new job and didn't get to travel. Now it's hunting season so I go to the camper to prep it for the next few months of use and discover water damage inside. Apparently the roof was damaged sometime in the early spring and leaked all summer and really messed some stuff up. It's going to take months to repair and my dealer has agreed to take it as is with the insurance settlement and sell me a new one.

He has a 3010 on the lot, it's used and a little smaller than what I am used to but I like it anyway. I need to sleep about 6 people and I think this will work. I think I can trade about even with him too. I've been reading up on this model camper and I think the camper may be missing a few items. Can anyone tell me if the camper should have 1) stools in the rear box area ? 2) Spray nozzle for the outdoor shower ? 3) Vaccum hoses for the Automatic Vaccum system ? 4) Ladder for the rear bunks when lowered ?

I just wamt to make sure that I'm getting everything I should be getting if I swap with him. I guess it's posible since it's used that the previous owner didn 't leave these items with the camper when he traded it in ? Maybe the dealer has them in storage somewhere to keep them from turning up missing ?

Thanks guys.

porthole

Retired
OK
He has a 3010 on the lot, it's used and a little smaller than what I am used to but I like it anyway. I need to sleep about 6 people and I think this will work. I think I can trade about even with him too. I've been reading up on this model camper and I think the camper may be missing a few items. Can anyone tell me if the camper should have 1) stools in the rear box area ? 2) Spray nozzle for the outdoor shower ? 3) Vaccum hoses for the Automatic Vaccum system ? 4) Ladder for the rear bunks when lowered ?

we have a 3010. Just my opinion, but I would not want to sleep 6 for any length of time.
Stools, yes to "inexpensive folders" I saw them at Walmart for under $10
Spray nozzle, yes
Vac hose with attachments, yes
Ladder - no ladder

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
we have a 3010. Just my opinion, but I would not want to sleep 6 for any length of time.
Stools, yes to "inexpensive folders" I saw them at Walmart for under $10
Spray nozzle, yes
Vac hose with attachments, yes
Ladder - no ladder

I'm going to agree with Duane - the stools are not a loss if you do not get them - spend a bit more and get ones that are better

I also agree that the two bunks in the Garage are not the most comfortable - and if you are going to sleep there for any length of time - a feather bed or thick topper would be required.

Stinger381

Ok great ..... so don't fuss over a ladder or stools ..... but make sure I get the Vac and the Spray nozzle ..... I think I got it ! Thanks for the input!

We don't sleep 6 very often ..... Mostly just at the hunting camp there might be 3 or 4 for a couple of nights. I have a folding cot that I can set up and sleep an extra person if I needed to. A better mattress might be an option too for the bed in back.

If there were a larger Cyclone with the loft in the living quarters that would be a no brainer but there are no other Toy Haulers in our area even available right now. Most of the dealers are waiting for the newer models to come out in the spring and aren't ordering new stuff.

porthole

Retired
My comment about sleeping 6 was not because of bed comfort, but more biased towards the lack off room. It gets tight quickly in a one slide toy hauler.

If your thinking is more along the lines of 4-6 bros getting together then the larger Cyclone with the 2nd head could be a real benefit.

Stinger381

My comment about sleeping 6 was not because of bed comfort, but more biased towards the lack off room. It gets tight quickly in a one slide toy hauler.

If your thinking is more along the lines of 4-6 bros getting together then the larger Cyclone with the 2nd head could be a real benefit.

Hey I agree, there just aren't any around here to be had. The benefit of buying this one from the dealer is that I don't have to wait for the repairs to be done. I can trade right away. None of the othere RV dealers here in Alabama have any Toy Haulers.

The good thing is that we are in Alabama and hunting seasons are mostly mild and we spend most of our time sitting outside around a fire and not sitting in the RV.

BTW Duane, I love the mods you have done and may even attempt a few on mine if I get it.

John

Tool958

When we bought ours new, a year ago August, the only thing on your list that actually came with it was the vacuum hose and accessories and the spray nozzle. The rest were extras. We use ours mostly with the bikes or sleeping quarters for a couple or the grandkids. Haven't used the top bunk. It's limited to 300# so unless it is used for kids, most of the time it won't be heavy enough. We really enjoy ours and have used it probably more than all our other campers combined.

Stinger381

When we bought ours new, a year ago August, the only thing on your list that actually came with it was the vacuum hose and accessories and the spray nozzle. The rest were extras. We use ours mostly with the bikes or sleeping quarters for a couple or the grandkids. Haven't used the top bunk. It's limited to 300# so unless it is used for kids, most of the time it won't be heavy enough. We really enjoy ours and have used it probably more than all our other campers combined.

I have toys at the hunting camp that I can store inside .... (2 four wheelers) and I also have a Harley Road Glide fully dressed that I can haul inside it too. That's why I am leaning towards a toy hauler. I saw a really nice Open Range RV today that I would have bought on the spot if I didn't own the Harley and want to take it with me on trips.

Tool958

I have toys at the hunting camp that I can store inside .... (2 four wheelers) and I also have a Harley Road Glide fully dressed that I can haul inside it too. That's why I am leaning towards a toy hauler. I saw a really nice Open Range RV today that I would have bought on the spot if I didn't own the Harley and want to take it with me on trips.
We haul both bikes in ours. Works great. Actually, the ride is better when the bikes are loaded because it takes the weight off of the pin. Hauled them for 4500 miles in August and didn't have any problems whatsoever. We really like the layout. The only suggestion I would have is put in the extra air conditioner. Other than that I don't think we would change anything.