Genesis GT-2.0 SPDIF input

JeromyS

Hello Folks,

I'm new to the forums. I have a 2013 Elkridge 37 Ultimate which I'm trying to get the digitial out (SPDIF) from my Toshiba TV to work through the coach speakers. I've done quite a few searches and am at a loss as to how to have the Audio output of my TV through the SPDIF connection be received by the GT-2.0 and played through the coach speakers.

Has anyone tried this or have any advice on this matter?

Really I would just love to have an HDMI in on the entertainment system so that I can hook up my blu ray player directly and get the speakers in the coach and the TV working for my blu ray movies.

A big thanks in advance!

Jeromy.

Owenfamily

Hello Jeromy,

Welcome to the fourms. There should be three buttons that are label A,B,C. I think you have to press them and that will allow them to work through out the coach. I will have to play with my tomorrow and i will give you a better anwer. My wife and son know more about this then I do but I will see how I have mine set up and let you know.

danemayer

Hi Jeromy,

First of all, you've posed 2 questions: 1) how to get audio out of the TV into the coach speakers, and 2) how to hook up your blu ray player to get the audio to the surround sound.

The manual for the Genesis GT-2.0 shows it has 2 high quality audio inputs: Optical TOS and Digital Audio COAX (which looks a lot like an RCA phono connection). There's a pretty good chance your TV has one of these output types. There's also a pretty good chance your Blu Ray player has one of these output types as well. If you're really lucky, the TV will have Digital Audio Coax and the Blu Ray will have Optical TOS and you'll be able to hook up both sources to the Genesis and just switch inputs on the remote.

You can find cables as well as optical switches, if you need one of those, at monoprice.com.
Here's a link to an Optical TOS cable.
Here's a link to a Digital Audio COAX cable.
Here's an Optical TOS switch.
Here's a converter that will change Optical TOS or Digital COAX to RCA Phono in case you need to use the phono inputs on the Genesis.

JeromyS

Thanks for the replies danemayer and owenfamily.

I forgot to go into more details :). I have already purchased a Digital Audio COAX cable to go from my TV into the Genesis unit. I have plugged this into my coaxial digital audio OUT on my TV as well as the one Coaxial Digital Input (I'm guessing as it isn't really clear if this is in or out) on the back of the Genesis unit. Irrespective of which input I select (AU1,AU2,AU3,AU4,Av1) none of the sounds from my TV are being replicated through the coach. The raidio works just fine and if I insert a DVD into the Genesis unit that works to play through both my TV and the coach in the DVD input mode the same way that I did prior to attaching the Coaxial digital audio cable. There just wasn't a lot of details on what the expectations should be when attaching coaxial input. It may be that it only works while on the DVD input setting, but you cannot move to that setting unless you have a DVD in the player.

When I was looking through the setup menu on the DVD input seeing if there was an option under the sound settings (as illustrated in page 25 of the manual) there is Audio out which lists SPDIF / RAW and SPDIF / PCM but there is no mention of the SPDIF audio input.

I shall keep playing and I do really appreciate the answers.

Jeromy

danemayer

There may be an audio setting on the TV to enable audio output. Also, some of the TVs disable digital audio output when you select a digital input, like HDMI. So if you're watching Blu Ray or Satellite with an HDMI connection, the TV may shut off digital audio outputs. RCA phono or headphone jacks might still work.

RB2012

Jeromy S

I too have the same problem with my 2012 Bighorn I cannot get the sound to play out of my tv in the speakers in the ceiling from the genesis2.0 I have a digital audio out on the back of the tosheba tv to the outlet that is marked coax on the back of the genesis and that produces no sound through the stereo very frustrating also that tv gives you a bunch of in jacks but only 2 audio out jacks also if i wanted to plug a sound bar into the tv where would you plug it. I have to turn the tv up to 60 in order to hear it. Capt RC

danemayer

Jeromy S

I too have the same problem with my 2012 Bighorn I cannot get the sound to play out of my tv in the speakers in the ceiling from the genesis2.0 I have a digital audio out on the back of the tosheba tv to the outlet that is marked coax on the back of the genesis and that produces no sound through the stereo very frustrating also that tv gives you a bunch of in jacks but only 2 audio out jacks also if i wanted to plug a sound bar into the tv where would you plug it. I have to turn the tv up to 60 in order to hear it. Capt RC

Capt RC,

Here's a link to an illustrated guide that might help you. If you can identify the outputs from the TV and the inputs to the Genesis, the guide will give you the answer on cabling. You may still have to set the TV audio and Genesis input correctly, but it should be possible.

RB2012

Dane
Thanx, great guide, one thing though the genesis 2.0 has no hdmi on the back of unit, I am going to check it out tomorrow just to make sure I have the digital coax audio out on the tv to the digital coax audio in on the genesis will get back to you. Capt . RC